Chapter 7 || Fool

Eyes shut, whilst hands quivered from fright. The maid felt a fleecy surface her body interacts with. Soft pillow-like backrest caressed her red, silky locks.

"I will not be stalling." A cold voice resonated around the Maid's ears.

The maid's eyelids enfolded, a marbled room enclosed the room. The finest Albuera wood table contacted the porcelain plates containing sweets. However, as she peered above the table, a suffocating demeanor confined her heart cautiously. A man's handsome face was inspecting her with oddity.

It was the Grand Duke Arthfael.

"Oh. . . ! Yo-your G-Grace!? I-I apologize for my lack of respect." The red head took a stance, curtsied with brisk. 

Daunting ponders filled her, as she remained at her stance. Seconds passed, yet, the Duke did not conduct any noise. Heart beats went brisk, unfolding her eyes, the maid reminiscences of a memory .

.

A beamering iron sword seen at the floor. Biting her lips, she grasped the helm of her fabric. Shuddering in agony, the red haired started to regret making this decision. Was she going to be beheaded by the prominent figures of the society?  Was choosing to work for the Arthfaels a way to meet her older brother in the afterworld going to be this brisk? 

.

Yet, all those hallucinations were cleared when the Duke uttered a phrase.

"Rise. . .How was Rosamund doing while I was gone?" He said with a frigid tone, maintaining a terrifying eye gaze.

'Ah. . .he's asking me to report what that maid has been doing.'

The maid took an aligned stance, whilst head gazed upon the Duke seated opposite to her. Pink, plump lips beamed at the Duke, preserving a positive attitude. Who would want to discover your own Daughter being abused head on?

"The Young lady is doing well as ever, with the same schedule. Professors say she's doing well. . .and yet that nanny-"

"Nanny you say?" The Duke eyelids peered at the woman, whilst his eyebrows arched in anger.

The maid gripped her dress with unease. Eyes leisurely shook, as her teeth compressed as a way to reduce her anxiety. Thoughts entered her shivering mind, which the red head hadn't noticed she bore a breath. Did she perhaps hit the nail? Is her life gonna end here?