Chapter 61: Damsel in Distress

"Sir, we don't do this." I tried to speak amidst my shock.

"Like seriously, Maanvi?
Make some reasonable excuse.

It's not the parents forged signature on the child's progress report, that you can say you don't know anything in this regard.

Damn it is a patent copy of the project, you are gonna submit it today" HOD was yelling at us.

"And you Hemanth, because of your double game as both organizer and partner in the project, the whole institute is gonna take up the blame of being a fraud, if this patent copy is released in public." HOD continued

"Sir, but we don't know anything in this regard.

I agree that Hemanth was part of this project, but we haven't claimed the patents, sir.

Since Hemanth was part of the organizing team, we thought after I presented the project, we would apply for patents, by making small changes in the project along with his name, sir."

HOD was dumbstruck listening to our explanation, he asked,

"Then who the hell would have claimed the patents ?"

"Sir that's what is a million-dollar question," Hemanth replied, even though I agreed with him and was waiting for the HOD to speak up something.

He took a few seconds to glare into our eyes as if taking time to trust us and after tormenting us with a few minutes of anxiety, he spoke,

"Ok Maanvi, this time I trust you people..."

I breathed cool, but the same breath hitched listening to him further,

"But that doesn't mean we are out of the mess created, almost the hall is filled with representatives from every other prestigious university and media. Now, if the conflict-stricken project gets presented then the whole reputation of the university flies off as ash.

And I'm least bothered how you are gonna correct it, but I give you just 2 hours to correct the things out there.

I would never tolerate blame on our university because of a careless student." HOD spoke rudely.

"You...." I cursed him internally and nodded yes as I was left with no other option.

"OK, you may leave now... 

And Just 2 hrs..." He stressed again stating at Hemanth and me.

We both came out of the cabin and explained the whole situation to our gang and I sat down helplessly, as the solution for the ruckus around was way out of my sight.

Everyone started brainstorming, 

"The only way is to present some other reboot version of the bug detector, or the whole life we have to live walking around court."

"Yeah, but a new version, with new technology in just 2 hours... Just impossible..." I said in a distressed tone.

"If we have to make a new version in just 2 hours it is impossible senior, if we have to just improvise, it might not be..." I heard a new voice.

" For that, we actually need something called a pre-developed algorithm, we is not there just like your brain," Hemanth said in an irritated tone with his eyes closed.

I punched his leg and opened my eyes to see my super senior... (remember that mess coordinator senior), who has also come to the university as part of the Alumni

We all stood up in respect and greeted her.

She asked to sit down and even sat along with us and showed me an algorithm of bug detector technology, upon which she was supposed to work, but stepped back due to her marriage.

We soon started to make the new reboot version, but soon realized that we needed an ultracapacitor, and when we enquired we found that it is nowhere to be found in Vizag premises.

"God... !!!! I am a very good girl that's why I'm not cursing you...

Otherwise, for the complications you make in my life, someone else would have changed their religion and god....

But still, I love you... Now get me out of the mess...

Plchh from now on no chicken burger on Saturdays..." (I mean only chicken burger... I will have chicken double cheese pizza, Chicken roll, etc etc)

I started to butter the butter lover.

"I can get it for you if you want...." Another new voice came...

I furrowed my eyes at the voice owner, ie., insta girl, one more damsel in my distress...

"Yes, I answered even without enquiring much as I was running out of time.

She nodded her head and talked to a few people, while we worked on the other components, soon in 30 min she bought us an ultracapacitor and we assembled the components and completed our task. Meantime, my phone buzzed for every 5 min, which we all have obviously ignored.

I checked time, and rushed to my respective platform for the presentation purpose as the jury members started their work of bombarding questions to the students about their project.

When our turn came, we started to explain to them our project which was a breakthrough advancement in the field of Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) due to advanced technology of detecting even low-frequency em waves with aided efficient shelf life due to durable components with which it was made.

After almost questioning us for continuous 15 minutes, jury members left us to breathe giving me confidence that this is gonna be one winning as I knew that the device we made had many uses in the field of espionage, upon which most of the jury members had invested their time to make inventions.

Sighing in relief, I threw myself onto the chair unaware of the frustration and failure of RA who was trying to contact me about the invention we made and to stop us from presenting it in the event.

After eating food and each other's brains, we all went to the final event in which the winner of the project expo was gonna be announced, being heavily overconfident about our victory we took our seats unaware of many things around.

Finally, then started the award ceremony for the project expo,

"So, after the jury members' discussion and going through all your projects and brilliant ideas, we were astonished about the new generation. We also analyzed that it's just determination you guys need in your life, and you guys would rock in your lives, we all are proud to have an opportunity to come across such a talent...

Whoever the winner is, remember...

BE FIGHTER FIRST, WINNER NEXT...

And the Winner of the project expo is...

Vistar Theja"

_____________

Tq for boost