who are you?

Ashlyn Carter's POV

Flash back *

'Mommy, can we please go to the meadow, pleeaassee?' My 7 year old self asked, impatiently

' yes, yes you can go visit the night up. But first I have to go tell your father where we're going, alright?'

' yes mama.' I replied running to get my shoes.

My mother came down the stairs with her with her handbag and grabbed my hand and we began to walk down that was well beaten.

The force that surrounded are small pack apps was being with life that day as we made our way sorry small little secret Meadows. Birds were singing in the trees, small woodland creatures route to play. Squirrels and rabbits danced among the roof top of the trees and among the forest floor.

The meadow was blooming with life when we reached it. after the heavy spring rains, life rupted for the summer time. Wildflowers of every color of the rainbow for all throughout the field.

My 7 year old self source the most amazing thing can to run through the meadows jumping playing calling over for my mother to look at me so I jumped through splash of blue lilacs and yellow wildflowers.

Never did I think this day would turn so ugly so fast.

Growl rupted behind me. I smelt the wolf before I saw the stench was atrocious not like to move haven't had bathed in months. my mother lunged forward shifting in midair and came to protect us dance in front of me to protect me from the wolf, the rogue.

Only in school had I heard about broke loose are the ones that either left to pack willingly or were kicked out because they did something very bad never did in my life that I thought I could find one around to, I thought it was all very strange.

" now ash, I need you to run back to grab my purse and then to run straight back to the pack house can you do that? My mother mind linked me.

I ran, I ran as fast as my little 7 year old legs could carry me. Race to my mother's hand back to grab it I took one last look at my mother as I saw the rogue slashed claw marks down her back.

Tears filled my eyes as I watched my mother howl out in pain. That turned out to be the last time I ever saw her.

*end of flashback*

I woke to tears streaming down my face. The last images of my mother coursed through my memory. I miss you so terribly much. As parents, you are supposed to protect your children and my mother did that day even if it did cost your life. My father on the other hand though, I guess those last day he saw me as a child.

The abuse started short after that. My father drowned his sorrows in alcohol and took his rage out on me. At first it was only hateful words and maybe a slap. Once I was ten it got worse.

Not only was it my father degraded and belittled me, it was the friends I used to have and the other and older pack members.

My father would of kicked me out of the pack right then and there when I was seven, yet the Alpha deemed I was still too young. So instead starting from the age of 10 I was sent to live in the attic of the house being personal slave to all the other pack members.

No more I'm free from my slavery and I'm never going back.

I shake of the last bit of sleepiness from my body and I run again for hours on end.

The forest changes from tall pine trees and cold, frosty air to warm, muggy overgrowth.

By the time noon hit I was exhausted annd starving. Stopping by a small stream to drink and rest I shifted back to my human form. Prim is worn out by this point and she needs to rest.

I slip into the cool stream to relax my muscles. The thought of running anymore sounded excruciating, I can only stand to be in wolf form for a few hours other wise it becomes hard to shift back.

What did I do to deserve this? To be beaten senseless by every one who was supposed to protect me. And then to be mated to a monster isn't fair at all.

Crack

I whip my head around see if anyone's there. Of all the times a crazy murder to come out to kill me it had to be now when I'm completely naked.

I see a tall guy coming out of the forest. Thank god he's clothed. I dive under the water to keep my scars hidden and to keep some dignity.

" who are you?" He asked me

I can't answer that, I can't trust anyone.

I shake my head at him to tell him no. He rolled his eyes at me " why do you have to make this so difficult for me." He scoffed at me.

I slowly walk to the other side of the bank. before he sees what I'm doing, I bolt. Shifting mid air like I had less than a day before.

Before I got far large brown wolf tackled me to the ground. Its over for me, I'm not going to make it with this rouge, they are ruthless and kill anybody.

I shift back to my human form and stare right back into the wolfs eyes, if he was going to kill me I might as well die not being scared. I'm done with hiding and being scared as well as submissive to any one.

Expecting this is to be my final time in the Land of the living, I please send a silent prayer to my mother saying that I'm coming to see her.

I'm shocked at what happens next.

Author note:

I'm evil I know, CLIFFHANGER!!!!!

I'm sorry for that but just so you know she does live and yes Luc( sounds just like Luke) is an a**hole and I hated writing that, yet that was nessisary to see why he does what he does.

So don't hate me just know more is to come.