Keep running

Ashlyns new hair color, plus a black lip ring on right side.

Ashlyn Carter's POV

*one month later*

"Keep running, Ash! You have 20 more laps left." Danny shouted from the sidelines.

He is the literal definition of the devil. Satan is my new nickname for him.

For the past month I have been training like the rest of the pack. I finally feel like a pack member, everyone is awesome.

Kiki is the girl that gave me her cookies, she has official become my new best friend and motherly figure. Her cooking is addicting, and very fattening. I've gained enough wait to finally fill out my cheeks, I even have curves.

For the past month the people have taken me in, cared for me, even became the closest thing I have to a family. And the great thing is no one has pried into my past.

Until today.

Back on the track, Satan snaps me out of my daydream, " Ash, your needed in the alpha's office."

I felt my stomach drop and my heart go into my throat. Either my old pack found me or my new one found out my past.

I make my way to the Alpha's office. Once I reach the office my hands are slick with sweat as I open the door.

It's now or never, I can't run from my past for the rest of my life. With a new found confidence, I enter the office.

"Oh, there you are Ashlyn. Take a seat," Brandon gestured to the comfy seat in front of him.

" Now with most pack members here are former rouges that have come from some of the most notorious packs, some of the most dangerous." Brandon paused," everyone has a history and for most of my pack members I'm at least somewhat informed on this history, except you. Why is that Ashlyn? "

I was going to puke up the cookies I ate earlier. My head got dizzy at the thought of retelling all the tourture inflicted by my old pack.

"You can do it, Ash. Your stronger than you think." Prim said encouragingly, I could see her giving me the thumbs up

I took a shaky breath, " Well, I would prefer to keep my past in the past." I said feeling my confidence draining with every breath I take.

"Come on, Ash. You can't fool anyone here. You ran away for a pretty good reason. You scream in your sleep, every night. Also you won't let any one touch you. I mean come on, you flinch evry time someone raises there hand in your direction." He looked me dead in the eye when he told me this.

"Do you really want to know the truth?" I shot back the reply as the tears were welling up in my eyes," let me start from the beginning. My mother was killed in front of me by a rouge, and that was my fault. Yet I was seven what could I do. After the my father went off the deep end and took his anger out on me. I was the youngest and the easiest victim. "

I paused long enough to wipe up my tears," I had an older sister yet she left and forgot about me. Recetjection kept hitting harder when my Alpha and Luna failed me. They let me suffer. Heck they helped my father and other pack member beat me.

" then when I was ten I was moved from the gamma's daughter to an omega. Now I was the slave for everyone. The pack house was responsibility, it was three times bigger than this pack house. I couldn't go to school after age ten and the other kids that did go to school threw taunts and hurtful slang at me. I'm seventeen years old and I thought I had nothing to live for.
Until my mate."