Helooooww, Anybody there

Ashlyn Carter's POV
( starts in a dream)
I'm running farther and farther into the dark woods. The full moon is my only light as I run.

Running from something, but I don't know what I'm running from.

Pine and Aspen trees are the only thing surrounding me.

My bare feet scrape against the cold forest floor that's littered with moss, fallen leaves and logs. Twigs snag at my night gown and my lungs burn from running. My already sore muscles scream in agony as I push on.

Fear consumes my every thought as I push forward. Death seemed to be on my heels as I continue deeper within this nevering forest.

A small light appears and grows brighter as I run closer to it.

It's a clearing, not any clearing it was the one my mother was killed in.

White twinkly lights covered the sky and moon, as well as light up the clearing.

In the center I saw my mother.

Her light brown hair shined as the lights twinkle, her green eyes lit up as she saw me run into the clearing.

I ran into her arms, tears streaming down my face. For the first time in 11 years I felt at peace.

Too bad it was short lived.

The cakle my father calls a laugh echoes across the clearing. He stalks forward towards my mother and I. I wrapped my are tighter around my mom longing for that brief peace once more.

I step back from my mother and stand in front of her. I am going to protect her this time.

I look my father right in the eye, I'm not scarred anymore.

My wolf was taking over and I didn't stop her.

He bommed his voice over the clearing, " Ryan come here."

Staring my father down a crack of a twig took over my attention. The familar sent filled the air.

"Rain," Prim said,"That only means one thing."

I finished her sentence. It was our mate.

His wolf was a mix of brown and grey on his main coat and tail. His under belly and paws were white, and the tips of his ears were black.

He was gorgeous, he stood taller than than my father's 5'7 frame.

I looked in his eyes and all I saw was black. His wolf was in control.

He shifted back to a human and suddenly had clothes on (thank god) . soon he began to stalk over to me.

"You know I loved you mother," my father said calmly as if he was at a pack meeting," and I thought she loved me too.

" until," his whole face became sinister, it was the same face he wore when he would beat me," I found out she was cheating on me with some warrior."

I remembered another funeral after my mom's, he must of killed the poor bastard.

He began stalking forward towards my mom.

"No," I screamed at him and took a defense position in from of mom," I won't let you hurt her like you used to hurt me. She loved you so much, how can you think of hurtting her?"