Chapter 16

She walked into the house to see Sid placing a chocolate cake in a box. She really felt so much happiness yet guilty seeing this sight... She walked towards him who wasn't aware of her arrival.
She didn't knew what to do , but there was something her heart was telling her to do and she after a long time listen to her heart, hugging him. He startled and suddenly pulled away turning around to see a teary Avu standing there.

Sid : I... Uh... Ahem... I didn't see you coming inside

He somehow said scratching the back of his neck feeling embarrassed the way he acted.

Avu : Y-you remembered... But never thought to wish me?

She didn't answered him. When she didn't get any wishes from him she concluded that he is mad at her for all she have done or may he just forgot her birthday in this busy schedules...

Sid : Ah... I... It just slipped my mind that I found you again...

He said laughing but she felt so horrible.

Avu : So you always celebrated my birthday like this even when I was far from you?

Sid : Yeah... I told you, you are so special for me... And I was packing this so I could cut-... Uh... Wanna tag along?

Avu was looking at him with a heavy heart... The person she ignored all this time, the person from whom she hidden the most important thing about her, was celebrating her birthday all alone for all these past years., that too it was her favorite chocolate cake... She felt horrible as she thought how she was relived that he's going UK so she could enjoy with her so called boy friend and now he is the one who is standing infront of her smiling.... And she knew she doesn't deserve all these.
As the thoughts goes on tears started to fall from her eyes making her vision blurry. And before she know it she was hugging him crying out in sorrow.

And on the other hand Sid really had no idea what cause her to cry this much as he was unaware about her inner turmoils. He just did what he always does when she broke down - hugged her so tightly that she was now hearing his heartbeats which made her somewhat sane and she knew this beats are her comfort zone ; once again...

After god knows when she calmed a bit down., her eyes and nose red from all those crying. He smiled at her.

Sid : wanna cut the cake now?

Avu : How Sid... I- even I forget my birthday

Sid smiled a bit as memories floated inside his head...

Sid : This day and the person is important for me... I'll never forget this day....

His mind was going back to memories, and he hardly gulped down the lumb formed in his throat thinking about a specific memory.
Avu was in the verge of a second break down when he hugged her close rubbing her back.

Avu : I'm sorry Siddoo... I- I don't deserve any of this...

Sid : Who told you this nonsense?

Avu : I've hide things from you I kept you in dark about things... I was even happy when you went away that time I- I was... I'm a bad friend Siddoo I'm the wors-

Sid broke the hug, wiped her tears while his vision was also getting blurry but he held back cause he know one have to be strong to suppress their feeling so this situation won't get worse.

Sid : Nobody's there who is bad Avni... It just situations that makes us to take bad decisions. It's just some bad choices and that doesn't make you a bad person. Why are you blaming yourself? You and I both were young and immature, young people do mistakes and mistakes are never a bad thing. It's just some mistakes and mistakes can be forgiven and rectified. So don't overthink hmm?

Avu was looking into his eyes. The heaviness in her heart going away slowly as she listens to him.

Sid : Now let's just forget that and come cut the cake... And I'll take you somewhere 😊

Avu blinked few times a smile slowly forming on her lips. She cut the cake and fed him.

The cake :-

After sometimes she found herself in the car with him going only he know to where

After sometimes she found herself in the car with him going only he know to where. The leftover cake was in a box securely sitting in the back seat.

Angeles' Garden - she read out the board infront of her. It's a orphanage she knew it was one. She had visited here one or two times with Jann. She looked over him and he just passed a smile at her and a noded indicating to get down. And she knew what's going on.

As he got off the car a child literally ran into his arms calling his name loudly which got attention of the other children and some caretakers and sisters who was there. They smilingly vame towards them.

Caretaker 1 : We thought you'd not come today as you didn't show up till now.

Sid : Sorry for that just- Hey this is Avni I talked about it's her birthday...

Sister 1 : Oh... Happy birthday dear. So that's why you're late... Come inside dears. Sweethearts let them come.

And the children obediently followed them inside the hall.

Avu : You come here often?

Sid : Sometimes... We also sponsore this orphanage. And I always cut the cake and give sweets on our birthdays.

Avu : Oh... I've been here once or twise for funding and all.

Sid nodded his head. They walked inside the hall. And Sid put the cakes on the table.
Avu looked ant the second cake and the sweets as she didn't see that?! That's when she noticed his band members there.

Anu : Hey Avneet

Avu : You can call me Avu mhm Anu right?

Anu : Yups 😊

They talked a bit. And after a while Sid called her to him.

Sid : Avni... Come here

Avu slowly took her steps towards him. The children looking at her curiously.

A child : Is this the birthday girl Sid?

Sid smiled nodding.

Sid : Come and cut the cake.

Avu : Hmm

She cut the cake as everyone around her singing her happy birthday and it was indeed a HAPPY birthday fir her after all this years....

...
TBC

The updates gonna be slow from now on.

Thank you for all your support 😇