Chapter Twenty-Two | Talia

My head is on Nick's lap while we watch a movie in the beach house when his cell phone rings. I lift my head long enough for Nick to stretch and reach over to the nightstand to pick up his phone.

It's been one week since the misunderstanding about Ms. Carver and the shower. Maybe I forgave him too quickly, but my gut was telling me that he was telling the truth- so I believed him.

I swear it's as if Nick thought I was gone for five months and not five hours when I ignored his calls and texts until I told him where I was. He's been so sweet these last few days and more protective than usual and I know it's because he was scared of losing me, so I don't mind.

These last few days have been nothing short of amazing and other than the fact that we have to pretend to just be teacher-students in school- I can see this working out for the long haul. And sure, I still have to deal with other girls at school shamelessly flirting with him, other female teachers finding any excuse to touch his bicep-- I told myself that there was only one more month left of school before I graduate, then Nick and I wouldn't have to hide our relationship anymore.

"Hey Caitlin." I hear Nick say. "Yeah, she's here." Our eyes connect while he still his his phone pressed to his ear. "Hold on." He grumbles before pulling the phone away from his ear and pressing a button.

"Hi Talia!" Caitlin's bubbly voice vibrates over the phone.

"Hi Caitlin." I smile.

"I'm so glad you're there! I just wanted to invite you and Nick out to dinner with me and Ryan tonight."

"Like a double date?"

"Yeah. So would you be interested?" Caitlin wonders.

I look up at Nick who simply shrugs. The decision was up to me. "We'd love to have dinner with you guys. What time?"

"Amazing! I'll text Nick the restaurant information but let's meet up at eight." Caitlin tells me.

"Sounds great. See you soon!" I call out before Nick hangs up. "Ooh, we're going on a double date." I grin up at him until I see he's giving me a look. "What?"

"We need to work on our silent communication skills." Nick says, making me laugh.

"What? I thought the look you gave me meant you wanted me to decide."

"Yeah, and I was hoping you'd pick staying home with me and let me eat you for dinner."

My body shakes with laughter, so much so that I almost roll of the couch. I take a deep breath to calm myself down before speaking again. "Aww baby. I'm sorry. I guess I was just excited. We've never gone on a double date as a couple before."

"Fine. We can go. Only because I get to show you off." Nick says and I smile before leaning up to touch his lips.

"And who knows? Maybe we can take dessert home." I smirk at him before I stand up from the couch.

"Are you talking about actual dessert or you?"

"Both." I answer before I jog up the stairs, leaving Nick to stare after me.

                                    ****

I just finished swiping the last coat of lipgloss to my lips when Nick steps into the room. He really is too good-looking. It's not fair. Especially with how he's dressed for tonight's dinner. The sleeves of his royal blue shirt is rolled up to his elbows revealing very tan and muscular arms, the black pants showcase his powerful thighs and he smells like a mixture of something fresh and spicy and I'm suddenly regretting agreeing to coming out to dinner and not staying in like Nick suggested.