𝕃𝕠𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝟚𝟝%

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Today is going to be the last day of training for Daehyun and she did not even know it herself yet. After 5 years and of exhausting training, waking up at six to dance for more than 10 hours straight, barely eating, with vocal practice killing her voice off and getting to sleep not long before having to wake up again. Not to mention the feedback she would get from the instructors which worsend by the second. Being told she was too fat and not flexible enough to debut, following to be kicked out of the debut line-up and going on an extreme diet. While holding on to the good moments that Daehyun shared with her trainee friends. Seeing them have fun without her made those moments break again, but also feeling proud of how far they have already come. Her other trainee friend who also didn't make it and got accepted in another company, leaving her behind. Thinking about how her life would've been if she continued studying in her hometown not chasing her dream. Maybe it would've been better...

Daehyun arrived in the dance practice studio half an hour earlier than she was supposed to, in which she got complimented to for the first time by her dance instructor. Being the first one of the trainees to arrive, it felt like a breath of fresh air for Daehyun. For once she could start practicing earlier and not get stared at or having it raining compliments. It might seem nice but during those extra three years of training it could get really annoying, especially when she was not content with the way her body moved when her mind intended something else. Feeling how everyone already got the choreography down, when she only felt like her dancing skills went down. But her determanation and passion for doing what she loved and willpower to develop her skills made her a better and extremely feared trainee. She has become by far the ace of FNCe, with the longest trainee time under the trainees themselves. Everyone knew that she should have debuted in 2019 with the official line-up of Cherry Bullet, but nobody knew the reason and Daehyun herself likes to keep it that way. Maybe she was ashamed of it...

In between the period of her rejection and now last day, Daehyun was comitted to make her debut before anyone else. Her friend left her to train somewhere else and Daehyun herself did not even have the courage to leave. She was working hard and even trying to learn how to compose and arrange songs on her own, as she sensed it might benefit her in the future. Everyday she wished for at least one sign that could make her aware of a chance to debut, but the girl knew it was far away. The company did not intend to create another girl group line-up so close after Cherry Bullet's, and she realized that there was only one way to go now. If only her instructors were somewhat nicer and more clear there was hope. Maybe I should leave...

Daehyun would take the last straw this week. If there is no chance to go, she will go. Actually, she had already filmed her audition video's which she would turn in if there we're no signs given at the end of the week. Even though the little compliment from her dance instructor did sparkle some hope in her eyes. It was now or never and Daehyun is ready to give it her all. Maybe it could happen...

When she produced any track, the company had to know about it. They stated this is for every trainee, although Daehyun clearly noticed they did in fact only monitor her this way. She thought it was crazy because she was supposed to make them listen to every song anyway during the monthly evaluations. Two weeks ago she turned in another set of songs that she had worked on for quite a while. But the company did not even bother to give her feedback or at least a reply back. Tomorrow was the monthly evaluation she had been looking forwards to. She can confront them why they did not care to reply or why they have ignored her presence for the last two years. Maybe it will not work...

During her vocal practice later on the same day, her instructor kept nagging. Commanding her to do better and take more risks. Daehyun couldn't anymore, she was exhausted. At the end when everyone was dismissed, she stayed. She had to show her worth. Trying out different ways to make her voice sound more unique. The instructor stayed there with her, advising her to please go to sleep and make her mark tomorrow at the evaluation. Within three tries it worked. Not because Daehyun wanted to but more because this never happened. She would often stay practicing overtime with and without the instructor. However, Daehyun has never been called out like this. Maybe they do care...

The next day at the monthly evaluation, she was once again the last trainee to showcase her skills. Daehyun was convinced it's because they forgot about her and just put her last, while in reality it was the performance everyone was most looking forward to. After expressing what she got in store with her dance, singing and rapping for the last time she went to take her measurements. It was low, extremely low, much lower than last month. The evaluators seemed delighted about it. Taking their happy state with her, Daehyun was going to let them listen to her latest produced songs. There were only three, but they were beautiful. The harmony's filled the air of the dull practice studio. Every sound swerving through the room plastering a tiny smile on each of the evaluators faces. Maybe there is a chance...

Maybe...

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

A/N
Don't worry this is not how all the chapters are. I wrote this first part in an hour I think but the other chapters took so long 🥲🥲. I hope this set the story and is explained well. Please tell me if it's not tho.

Here a felix picture for the lack of felix in these first chapters (im sorry ok).

Here is a quick question to answer while simping for felix' freckles: Have you told anyone irl that you like SKZ or kpop? (i need strategies)

For me; Yes only my mom and I'm leaving more signs to my dad and siblings. But they are very black-white coded, so or it's good or it's totally not. I am kinda scared tbh to somehow tell them.

If there is any weird spelling or typo's please point them out so I can change them, thanks!

Also please rate this chapter between 2 to 6 lol. 

- 15/07/2023