VII. The Ball

"It's almost time, isn't Shikanoin?" Sara asked calmly, "You're right, I'm guessing you're nervous?" Heizou answered. The two were sitting on a step in the garden, "I suppose you're right, it's like my father is forcing me to find someone to marry.." Sara sighed, "Or he'll...nevermind" She stopped, she didn't want her closest, and only friend to find out about the arranged marriage. "I overheard your conversation with your father, I don't want to have any sexual interactions with you. Besides I love someone else, but I know who she likes." Heizou sighed and looked at his closest friend, "Is it one of the newcomers? I saw them, a little bit when father told me to get you." Sara smiled at him then looked at the clock, "Oh dear...we're going to be late if we don't get ready." They both got up and went to their rooms.

"Thank you Shikanoin, I'll have to repay you someday."

"Some final touches." 

It was exactly 9:00 PM when everyone arrived, "I feel spoiled looking like this." Shinobu said, she looked up at Itto who's eyes for glistening with happiness, "Is this what dreams feel like? Come on let's find Heizou and the princess!" He grabbed Shinobu's hand trying to navigate through the crowd and bumped into Heizou, "You two look nice, her majesty is near the buffet if Itto wants to look for her." Itto nodded and went to look for her. "Why did you ask him to do that?" Shinobu asked feeling a bit weird, she normally didn't part from Itto since they arrived, "May I..." Heizou looked down and swallowed and Shinobu looked confused, "May I have this dance?" Heizou looked up blushing, Shinobu looked shocked and blushed a bit, "You may.." The two started waltzing while everyone stared in jealousy.

"She's so lucky!"

"Ugh! I wanna be her so bad!"

"I've never seen her before"

"Isn't that the new peasant"

"Umm excuse m'am, do you know where her highness is?" Itto asked someone near the buffet since he didn't really know what the princess looked like. "It was expected our first meeting would be like this" The young woman turned around and pulled him closer, "Please, come with me." She whispered in his ear, and then grabbed Itto's wrist. 

She eventually stopped at a room grabbing Itto's hands with hers, "I believe you're interacting with her." The woman sighed, "I'm Sara, the one Shikanoin is most loyal too." Itto's eyes lit up, it's like all his dreams were coming true in one night, "So you're...you're!" Itto gasped he felt like he was making her uncomfortable, "Yes, please, I want to have my first dance with you, someone other than Shikanoin" Sara said. Itto blushed, "Of course." 

It was at least an hour until they stopped, "Someone's here." Sara quickly took her hands off Itto and Itto followed by taking his hands off her waist, "You need to go quickly, if I'm right my father is supposedly here." She pointed to a door at the end of the moonlit room, where did that door lead too? A corridor where Sara's room was, "Go through that door and look for the door labled with the letters 'K.S' hide under the bed, I'll meet you there soon I hope." Itto did as he was instructed just as the door burst open, "When you invited the peasants I didn't expect it was a way for you and you're 'friend' Shikanoin Heizou to dance with those filthy peasants." Takayuki entered the room in a frustrated manner, holding Heizou by his hands behind his back, "It wasn't I..." Sara said, "Enough I don't want to hear another word from you." He threw Heizou into the room, "It was worth it..." Heizou muttered, "H-Heizou! You're face..." Sara knelt down to Heizou's level and lifting his chin up to her face, "At least Itto got his dream." Sara realized something, "So that's his name.. He never told me it." She sighed, "Were you dancing with his friend?" Heizou nodded his face falling from her hand, "Let us both hope that he won't have that arranged marriage." 

Heizou and Sara both walked to their rooms, "Are you still in here?" Sara asked, peeking in her moonlit room then walking in, "Yeah" Itto crawled out from under her bed, minutes later the two of them were sitting on her bed, "The ball is over, I suppose I should let you know." Sara put her hand on Itto's "Don't worry, I shall walk you to your house in the morning" The two of them exchanged smiling looks.

Just keep following your dreams they'll soon come true.