XVII. Lost Hope

"Sara, you said you were going to take a stroll with Shikanoin. What is this? An excuse to run away with a peasant?" Takayuki stood in front of the group of friends, "Pathetic, you know you can't run away from this marriage." He scoffed, "Guards, hand my daughter over to me." 

"Stop it!  Get your hands off of me!" Sara tried to escape the grasp the guards had on her, tears falling down from her eyes. More guards went for Itto and Shinobu. 

"Go, please. Just go. You'll be safer over the border." Heizou looked at Shinobu and Itto before guards also grabbed him, "I'll miss you.."

"What were you thinking?! Hanging around with those filthy peasants. I raised you better than this Sara." Takayuki scolded Sara for at least an hour before stopping.

"I'm truly sorry father, I never wanted to disappoint you. My curiosity got the best of me. I promise not to let it happen again." Sara could feel tears building up, she hated this feeling. This feeling of guilt, "I suppose I'm going to be kept in my room for a while." She sighed.

"Two weeks, that will be enough for you to repent." Takayuki called over one of the maids after a while of thinking, "Ei, do you mind coming over here."

A purple haired girl with dark indigo eyes walked over to Takayuki and Sara, "Do you need anything your majesty?" She looked at Sara and realized, "Of course your majesty, I will take Sara to her room."

"You two regret everything dont you? I would too." A purple haired girl with pink eyes sipped her tea, "Tell me about it."

"Well, I didn't think it could happen but....it did. I fell in love, it felt nice. But now....it just hurts. It kills me to think about him knowing that what he thinks is right is getting him in trouble." Shinobu looked at her tea then up at the sky, "They're being kept in the past and I hate it. I want to go back, I want to save them."

"Shinobu, I know you do but this is dangerous. The king doesn't even want us there ever since what happened. We're wanted there." Itto looked at his friend, "You're clearly asking to be in prison again!"

"Itto, I understand your concern but Shinobu is going to do anything. When someone's in love they'll do the craziest stuff for the one they love." The girl looked at Itto, "Didn't you mention earlier that the girl you loved broke her own rules just to be with you?"

Come on!

We'll run away, together.

I know it's stupid but I love you.

You promise that we'll run away right?

That smile....

That sweet smile...

The smile that she only gave you....

And you lost it.