IX. A Risk She's Willing To Take

"Sara if, you keep this up we'll have to have you in that arranged marriage." 

"But father I..."

"No excuses."

"Please, I beg...I think I've found someone already..."

"Pathetic, your excuses to get out of this is pathetic."

"It's not an excuse father, I feel like I love this man."

"Enough!" Sara's father pushed her out of his sight leaving her crying on the floor, "Sara? What happened?" Her older brother, Kamaji saw her kneeling on the floor crying, "He doesn't understand.." Kamaji sat down next to his sister, "You can trust me to keep whatever you say a secret, it'll be between the both of us" The two looked at each other, eyes filled with pity and sadness, "O-Ok.." Sara's voice still trembling from the crying, "I have a feeling I love a peasant." Sara looked at her brother with tears in her eyes, "I figured, you know father isn't going to take this well, I am in a forbidden myself." Kamaji confessed, he looked around to make sure nobody was around, "With who?" Sara's eyes softened a bit, face still red from crying. "Princess Chisato, from the Kanjou Kingdom. We send each others letter secretly." He sighed, "I must get going, please if you do end up confessing be careful." Kamaji got up and left.

"Look Shinobu, I thought you loved me." Heizou swallowed back tears while Shinobu back down from Itto and slowly walking towards Heizou, "You thought I loved you?" Shinobu sighed, except it was one of those sad sighs, I know what he means..  Shinobu thought, "Yes I did!" Heizou started breaking down, "I loved you ever since I saw you, Kuki Shinobu! I knew you didn't welcome my love for you in your heart, but I that never stopped me from loving you." He said as he walked towards the woman in front of him, "Actually I never wanted my confession to be like this, I wish that because of this we don't stop being friends. B-because..." Shinobu took Heizou into an embrace as Itto left since it felt akward as a third wheeler, rain began to pour, "It's ok, I still want to be your friend. Please, let me take you to my place the palace is too far from here." Shinobu felt Heizou nod on her shoulder and took his hand walking to her parents' house. "Shinobu! It's raining get inside!" Shinobu looked up and saw her older sister, Miyuki waiting for her at the door. Her and Heizou walked inside, "Oh! Sir Shikanoin, Shinobu what are you doing inviting the princess's right hand man here so casually." Miyuki scolded her sister, "No, pardon me for coming in without any sort of message" Heizou replied, soaking wet along with Shinobu.

"My lady! What are you doing out here?" Sara walked up to Itto as he bowed down, "Please don't, there's no need but I have a request." Itto looked at Sara curiously, "What is it?"

"Meet me in my room at eight-fifty tonight. I need you to save me from something."