episode 1

memorial || notes

memorial || notes

year - 2012

As soon as he saw her step inside that English class, that's when he thought she was different. She took a seat next to him but she didn't scream, get flustered, act flirty, or even feel anything. She just sat down quietly next to him like an obedient dog. That's when she peaked his interest.

It had been nearing the end of the class and he was bored. He tore a little bit of paper off the notebook he was using for the class and wrote down a small note. As soon as he was finished, he waited for the teacher to turn his back and face the board.

' Perfect! ' he thought to himself. The teacher had turned his back towards the board as soon as he hoped he did so, he grabbed his little slip and handing it to her quickly so he wouldn't turn around to look at them.

The girl looked at him and then grabbed the piece of paper he had just handed her. She had felt a little shocked that someone already wanted to talk to her in some way. She opened the slip of paper to see his nice handwriting.

' what's your name? '

She hesitated to respond. She didn't even know his reputation at the school. If he was some sort of delinquent, how would she know? The people at her middle school we're insanely popular for being some gang but here, she didn't know if there were other gangs to beware of.

' y/n. '

She wrote her name right under his nice handwriting. She was cautious about when to give it back. As she waited she study his appearance. She was thinking about his hair and eyes. They didn't exactly make him look Japanese but it was ok for her. He didn't look too much like he was a troublemaker so it was fine for her.

The teacher was about to turn back and the boy was waiting for his note back. She realized this and quickly gave it to him. The boy had worn a small smile to her shocked face. He then opened the note and wrote back.

' pretty name. '

' it's a little rude to ask someone for their name but not allow them to know yours '

' that's an interesting way to ask someone for their name '

' well, what is it? '

' sae '

' that's short '

' like you. '

' ... '

' who does ... when they pass notes with someone? '

' me. '

' you do you i guess '

' thanks '

The two smiled as they passed notes. At this point they didn't care about teachers seeing them

Once the bell rang they look at each other. They didn't realize they had been passing notes for this long. The girl laughed and the boy just smiled at her. He shortly started to laugh with her. Not knowing why.

 Not knowing why