episode 8

memorial // teamwork

"Let's continue this live with less jokes and be more adult like our U20 teams. The lineup seems very promise-" Y/n started on the U20 team but Sae was thinking about something completly different.

'The name and the last name are the exact same. It has to be Y/n. Has she really forgot me after all this time? Am I still stuck on the past?' Sae was starting to fixate on her and it was slowly making this disgusted face. He thought he was crazy but it all felt right that she knew him from this morning. 'She thought she was slick with her entire face covering but I literally saw her when we bumped into each other and before that. Is she now a dumbass? All beauty no brain shit?

The way she was calling everyone's name but then got to Sae's with no pause or anything felt off. She kept smiling at the camera and having fun with the live and it was so unusually annoying. How could she be smiling after this long? When he was right there? How is she not mad at him?

- · ⚽ · -

Even after the game was finished, Y/n was doing a great job with the commentary but her exterior didn't fumble at all. How could this be the outcome? Sae was still confused and his opinions on people changed but his confusion with Y/n worsened. When he scored goals she wouldn't get excited like how she would with everyone else.

Maybe he was jealous but it honestly felt like she was trying to ignore him at all costs. How could she just brush him off so easily? Why was he getting so worked up over something so simple? It was almost nothing?

As he walked towards the locker room, ready to yell at all the other teammates for being so bad and how they didn't deserve their positions on this national team, he was bombarded by other news reporters. Trying to get a good story about how a player from Germany was defeated by some teenagers. Including his brother!

"Mr. Itoshi! How do you feel about this game?"

"Sae, do you have faith in your brother's football career?"

"Excuse me! Sir! Is bread ok for a bake sale?"

"I'm not taking questions right now." He said as he was walking away trying to get away from this awful audience that wasn't providing any good questions. 'The national team were so lukewarm and useless. If I say anything like that the association won't be happy and they'll take nothing into consideration. It's like they don't give a fuck about their loses. That 'striker' was shit.'

"I know you aren't taking any questions, but Mr. Itoshi could you please say something to the camera?" Y/n asked sweetly with her eyes being glossy making Sae blush.

Sae quickly made sure he was composed correctly and then he looked straight at the camera with a slightly softer look.

"Hello viewers of NNNtv. I hoped you enjoyed watching the game and please continue to support our national team and maybe these blue lock players could be on the team." Sae started to say trying to sound slightly exciting by engaging with the audience in the crowd.

saesgermanbf: OMG SAE!!! I LEARNT JAPANESE FOR YOU SO PLEASE DATE ME
floppingwopping: the mood swing is everything
guesswhoitzy: GUYS THEY ACTUALLY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER WHAT?
fogandpog: hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

A/N : lowkey I'm here tryna give them Wony and Sunghoon energy so would that be nice? Tell me on my board or just reply to this comment

"Thank you for having hope in our future players! I hope you guys enjoyed these 2 hours with me and I hope you guys are able to support me after this live and continue to use NNNtv. Mr. Itoshi, would you like the to the outro with me?"

Y/n looked at Sae with sweet eyes as she asked the question and the chat went wild asking they do it together. Sae was stunned and blushed slightly at her softer glow. He then agreed.

"3, 2, 1,!"

"It's not old, later, and far. It's new, now, and near with Mr. Naohiro Natsu Nakamura's broadcast NNNtv!"

 Naohiro Natsu Nakamura's broadcast NNNtv!"