Seven

Inioluwa's Pov

Mr. Aregbesola seemed to have taken over; because he was the one asking the questions now. " Since you claim to be innocent, why were this personal items of yours found in this bag?"

" I don't know. " I said, wiping the sweat that had gathered on my forehead.

" Okay. If you are not the perpetrator? Call a name. "

" I said, I don't know. Ask the boys. They do this kind of shit. "

Mrs. Ebiye quipped in. " Language. Miss. Adewale. "

I continued regardless, " And aside from the stolen ID and necklace that was obviously done to frame me, what made you think an SS2 student did this? Just because SS3 students are in their exam preparation stage that doesn't mean they are good guys and SS1 students are basically mini devils. "

Mr. Aregbesola said, " Whether you accept it or not, all evidence points to you. "

Mrs. Ebiye added. " Miss. Adewale before now we have already done an intensive research and carried out necessary protocol. What do we stand to gain in framing you? Deep in your heart, you know one way or the other that you are connected to this items. "

I began to shake my head, " You're lying!" I yelled, getting up.

" Kai. " The security officer warned, taking a defensive stance.

I sat down back and in a mutter said, " You're lying. " I raised my head up. " I want a lawyer. I want my mother. "

Mr. Aregbesola glanced at the folder. " Mrs. Bimbo Adewale; a well known lawyer, women's right activist and a proud supporter of this school. A great woman who failed in raising her daughter well. "

I charged, my temper raising. " You don't know anything about me.

He added with a smile. " You're right. I don't but what I do know is that she has been Informed and is on her way to pick you and at this very instant you will be escorted to your class, where you will pick every valuable item of yours, wave goodbye to your dear ones and be on your way home. "

" You're expelling me?" I said, eyebrows raised.

Mrs. Ebiye said, " Indefinite suspension my dear, till we are able to fit in the remaining pieced of the puzzle. "

" Thank you for your generosity. " I rolled my eyes.

***

As I walked through the hall of my dumb school. I could not help but replay the entire drama in my head. There was clearly no evidence against me but someone had to take the fall, someone had to serve as a warning to other student who wished to break the law of this school. Why does it have to be me?

Whoever did this to me was a monster and even though I wanted to scream my head out and smash all the breakable stuffs in this school. I had to compose myself, raise my head up high and smile–with a smile the battle was already won. I think.

There was no teacher in the class when I walked in. Ignoring all the unnecessary looks I got from my nosy classmates, I cat-walked to my seat at the back; noticing the absurd absence of Zarah and Isaac from the class. Basically, I was alone.

I dusted off the imaginary Epiphany dust out of my red bag, went closer to the window and took a whiff of the air that blew. I would miss that–the calming nature of the wind that blew in this troubling school.

Murmurs began to rally out from my classmates; It didn't matter. I was used to them and all the many things they said. some said; I was a proud bitch, a snobbish entitled princess and Isaac's whore. Of course, some of them were right and some of them were inaccurate as the disciplinarians judgement but it never mattered to me because I was a star and people would always try to drag me to the ground–probably why I was set up.

A loud tap on the door followed by a gruff voice that said, " Miss. Adewale. " brought me back.

Great! My escort's here.

With my bag at my back, I walked out of the classroom with the security officer behind.

I had not even left the SS2 floor when I bumped into Tobi and Zarah.

" Hey. " I said, with a faint smile.

Before they could even say 'Hey ' back,  they were intruded by the errand boy. " We don't have time for this!" He huffed.

" Mr. Aregbesola said, I should ' wave goodbye to my dear ones.' " I said, mimicking the man's grim Yoruba intonation.

" Fine. "  He still stood there, his hands behind his back and his posture straight.

Was this guy dumb or something?

" Mr. can we have some privacy or something?" Zarah said, in that girl boss tone she inherited from me.

" Two minutes. " He said, walking down the stairs.

" What happened?" Zarah asked, folding her arms.

" I was suspended. " I announced, with a smile.

" What!" Zarah and Tobi chorused.

" Indefinite. " I added. " For that stupid black bag they found. "

" That's fucked up. " Tobi said, towering over me, placing his arm around his shoulder and giving me a side hug. " Black isn't even your favorite colour. "

I smiled. He was right. I was a barbie pink girl, a Carmen Sandiego red girl but black. Come on.

" We're truly sorry. " Zarah said, rubbing my arm.

Don't cry. " Where's Isaac and Phoebe?" I asked, a smart diversion to channel my thought somewhere else in order to prevent myself from crying a river.

Zarah answered, " Principal Lawson called Isaac to have a word with him and Phoebe. . ."

Tobi completed, " Phoebe went to submit an entry, " he glanced at his wrist watch. " She should be here. . .any -"

" Guys! I'm here. " Phoebe's tiny voice rang in. I turned, spotting the light skinned girl running towards us in a funny manner. She had a white rolled up drawing paper on her hand. When she finally approached us, she was panting heavily and almost on her knees.

Zarah was the first to speak, " Pheebs, girl. You need to work out more that was barely a long distance. "

" Agreed. " she said, giggling while she rose up. With a toss to her long natural hair, she said. " I can't believe you got suspended. "

My eyebrows raised up. " How did you know?"

♠♠♠

Thanks for reading.

It's barbie season; so I couldn't resist adding barbie into the chapter and also who else is a fan of carmen Sandiego? (BTW, she is such an iconic character and I love her)✨

Vote and comment.)

Chapter Eight Awaits.💗

♠♠♠