9: A Photo

MASTER BEDROOM

His knuckles brushed gently against the skin of her back. He was appreciating every inch of her through the backless thin, white summer dress she had on. It had these lace patterns on the edges.

"I thought you said you were going to help me get dressed," Lucy smiled as she stared at him through the mirror. She was fixing her golden hair into a bun, a messy one; and yet she still looked beautiful to him.

He smirked, meeting her eyes through the glass. His shirtless figure stood behind her, the ironed black suit prepared for him still placed on the bed, untouched.

"I did, but we could always get back to bed," Natsu muttered while he placed a kiss on her nape, earning a giggle from the other, "...and continue what it was that we were doing earlier."

She turned and met his gaze.

"While that sounds tempting, I will have to stop you right there," she said as she walked over to the bed, putting an extra shirt for him into a mini luggage, "Get ready. It's a little late and everyone's waiting."

"Aren't you packing a lot? We'll be back by tomorrow evening."

"Better to have a spare than nothing," she hummed, zipping the luggage close and attempting to get it off the bed, "And have yet to make sure if everyone hasn't forgotten to bring everything else."

"Leave it," he stopped her, "And I'll take care of it all. Go ahead and check on Lucas."

Lucy smiled, walked up to him and  gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Thankyou, honey. I'll be waiting outside."

He watched her leave the room with light strides. Natsu always made sure she didn't have to do a lot of work, considering her condition.

Three years has passed, and now Lucas was turning 11. It was upon the request of the heir to have his birthday celebrated at their summer house. This was what the early ruckus in the compound was all about.

Lucas didn't really want a celebration at all, but his mother argued otherwise. So, what better way to have a less stressful day than have everyone enjoy the view of nature at their own lake house. He didn't really need a break, but he knew it was what his mother needed—a stress-free day.

Lucy's episodes of fainting had gotten worse over the past years, this was hard for the family not to notice. It was a big deal and everyone would make a commotion during the first few incidents. But as time passed, everyone learned how to handle the situation; careful enough not to put her into a state of depression.

No verbal agreement was made but they understood not to talk about it, especially in her presence.

It was 'a case of anemia' as Gildarts Clive would call it. At first, this raised doubts within the family. But believing that Lucy's miscarriage with the second child was the major factor, this made it acceptable. The doctor was a trusted member of the family way before many of them were even born. They had no reason to doubt him.

It was only the heir who noticed the discussions that Gildarts and his father would have after every consultation.

.

.

.

The rays of sunshine reflected on the black cars, each one owned by people of the family. Driving one after the other.

It was a refreshing drive. Natsu was on the wheels with Lucy at the front seat. Cherry blossom trees lined the sides of the road; a never-ending sea of green grass covered the earth. What's more, there was no traffic. No loud sound of the beeping cars and pollution.