1: Without A Worry In The World

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN FAIRY TAIL.

This is Part V of the series: The Family.
.

.

.

.

.

Black cars stopped just by the metal gates of a well-known school, it was a grand structure made of expensive material.
The very sight of a proud school built with the image of power.

Security guards stood by its entrance, both left and right.

It was built with prestige, meant for children with exceptional brains and talents. Of course, only the richest among the rich could afford to send their kids there.

And right at the moment, the Head of the Japanese Family stepped out from one of the cars that arrived.

The school's guards knew who he was...minus the part of being the Don of a world ranking mafia, that is.

For them, he was the CEO of the very successful Dragneel Company. And yes, they knew his son attended the school.

Without question and delay, they opened up the electronically operated gates for him.

"We will accompany you." Erza proposed as she closed the backseat door where the Don came out of.

"No. You stay here with the others." Natsu spoke, "I'll take Laxus with me."

With that, he proceeded to walk into the gates with Laxus following behind.

.

.

PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE

The sound of a finger nervously tapping on the desk table sounded across the air.

It was the old principal, sitting on his chair, sweating like there's no tomorrow.

Then the white door of the office opened, the one whom he was waiting for was dressed in pitch black suit with salmon pink hair neatly fixed. Laxus entered as well; he just stood by the door.

"Ah! M-Mr. Dragneel, you have arrived," the principal shakily stood up, "P-please, have a seat."

He gestured his arm towards one of the chairs by the desk.

The Don walked towards the table, but he didn't take the seat he was offered.
Instead, his head turned to the boy sitting on the opposite chair.

The boy's face neither looked scared nor carefree. He just sat there as he looked up to his father.

Very behaved wouldn't you think? But of course, he was Lucas.

"I-I apologize deeply for c-calling your attention, Mr. Dragneel," the principal hesitantly started, "I know you have a busy schedule-"

"Very busy." Natsu clarified in a stern voice.

The old man gulped at this.

"O-of course."

"Why is my son here?" Natsu went straight to the point.

"Well, you see...about that, he hit s-someone in class today."

Natsu didn't flinch. He wasn't surprised. He knew that whatever Lucas did, he had a good reason for doing it.

He turned his attention to the boy.

"Is this true?"

Lucas stared at him.

"Yes," he answered with no hesitancy.