3: Good Thing Or Not

Night lights lit up all over the compound's zone.

There were lookouts on night shift roaming around the widespread grounds of the land.

Some of the houses within the territory had their lights on, and some had them off.

At the very heart of the compound, the Main House was the one which was heavily guarded. Well, it was always like that since the very beginning.

During this time of night, Rufus was walking around the halls of the big house, carrying along a handgun.

When he took a left turn at one corridor, he saw the radiance of the chandelier lights coming from the library, it was peeking through the slightly opened double doors.

His eyes instantly went narrow. Who could be sneaking around the house during that hour?

He slowly took steps towards the room, his weapon ready for a kill.

One hand quietly pushed one side of the door, and when he realized who was inside, he immediately put the gun down.

Upon noticing that a new presence had entered the room, Lucas turned his head towards the door.

He was stacking up the books he finished reading when the blonde came in.

"Ah, I'm sorry, to disturb you. I didn't think you'd still be here." Rufus spoke politely with his smiling face.

"It's okay." Lucas dismissed it as he continued on what he was doing.

Rufus came closer to the long table, he took note of the books that the Heir was reading.

"So it's about national power and foreign trades for today?"

The boy nodded.

"Yes, they are quite interesting." He added

"Did you lock yourself here all day?"

"No." he slightly shook his head, "I went to practice shooting with Gin for a while."

"Ah...of course."

After he was done tidying up his spot, the boy started to walk his way out.

"I'll escort you to your room then." Rufus offered.

Lucas let him do whatever he wanted.

.

.

MASTER'S CHAMBER

"A meeting with the Americans?" Lucy repeated.

She was brushing her long locks by the mirror, watching his reflection sitting on the king-sized bed. His back was resting comfortably with a pillow against the bronze headboard.

He just told Lucy about that matter.

"When?"

"A day or two from now," He answered, arms folded on his bare chest.

She stood up and went to his side of the bed, letting her thin night gown flow freely up to her knees.

"Can I go with you?" she said as she sat close to him.

He sighed. He knew she was going to say that.

"Sweetheart, it's not safe."

"Oh come on, please?"

Natsu just chuckled.

"Why are you so stubborn?"

Lucy gave him a grumpy look.