Names

This is based on a C.AI chat i had with a gtwscar bot, I wanna try something a bit different with my writing style this time! :)

Also, the video up there doesn't mean it's a song fic, you can just put it on loop for the vibe of the oneshot

~~~

He died. That was it. One swift kill from the warden and ...

Scar stared into the abyss around him and his skin, no longer grey and flakey but plump and lively. He felt alive.

"Do you remember it?"

Scar jumped in surprise. Behind him, it was a child. A small child, clothed in grand purple and ivory robes with intricate gold trimming, her curly black hair covered by a hood.

He stared into the mask that covered her eyes. She was so young, yet she radiated years and years of maturity.

"What?"

"The desert. The animal you kept. The war and death. There first time you died."

The child was intrigued with him. The first time he died? Well, he died with his soulmate at the start of double life...no. It felt like there was an answer, far further in the past from double life.

There was someone, a name. He loved that person, but how could he love but not remember even their name or face? What even was his name?

"There was a Name... I think mine was scar? Yeah, that was it! And another, it was Gra-Grian? Something like that." He went on. "It's all lost to me."

The child made a hum. Scar then realized he never even asked the kid her name!

"And what was your name? Surely it was memorable!"

"My name?" The child grimaced. "I do not have one. It is not my purpose to know my name."

She puffed her chest out as if it were fact, but her voice shook. She was so young.

"I...I can understand that. What's your purpose then?" Scar asked.

"To Watch, I presume. And what of you? Do you have a name? What is your purpose?" She cocked her head to the side.

"I'm Scar! And my purpose? To have fun, build some things, be silly, tell jokes, and do my best to make others happy. I've got a lot to learn, but I have a good heart, I would say." He smiled. The child looked perplexed.

"Scar, Hm? It sounds more like an insult. Why would one call themselves that?"

"Oh, yes... that is a good question. The name "Scar" actually started out as an insult, I guess. But over time, I decided that it suited who I was in this crazy world. And it stuck! I am Scar!"

Silence. The girl looked afar, as if looking at something scar couldn't see. She was lost in thought. "I see. And what if it were all taken away? All your memories, all that you have known yourself to be? What then?"

"That would be absolutely terrible. I can hardly imagine what it would be like! It would be like forgetting who I am. I'd be a blank slate... just existing, but not really knowing what it means to be alive." Scar gasped. Was she going to take his memories?!

His paranoia quickly faded away into something more thoughtful. Was she asking him for a reason? Was there something that happened to her? "So, was that a random, hypothetical question? Or was there something behind it?"

"It's...just a thought. You are lucky you get a name." She focused back onto Scar.

"Yeah, I guess I am. ...Can I ask why you don't have a name? Like I get it's your purpose, but why?"

"I am just too low ranking to have one. I'm only a scout, one of thousands, most likely. Only the most important of roles get names." She explained.

Scar's eyes filled with guilt for this girl. She never got to be herself, did she? She never knew what it was like to be an individual, her face covered by someone else. And she believed it, believed this was the perfect way to live, didn't she? Everything about her said so.

"Say, if It made you feel better, why don't I give you a name?" He crouched down to her and smiled, receiving a smile from the pale girl.

"...I would like that." The innocence and love was there, just hidden.

"How about...Julia?" He blurted out. She seemed like a nice girl that fit the name, and Julia started with the same letter as his cat! It was a win win.

Her smile went wide and she glanced around as if she were telling a secret. "It's perfect. Thank you Scar, and I'd like to say...sweet dreams."

And as soon as Julia came, she went. Her robes emitting a purple spark that engulfed her almost too quickly for scar to react. His new friend was gone.

Scar smiled, though he was feeling drowsy and tired. He continued to float in the endless void, eventually nodding off, the girl he had just met fresh in his mind.

~~~~

Before I go, I just want to say, THIS IS PLATONIC. I felt like this could read as oc x Scar And NOOOO. Also Julia was the first j name I could come up with :)
Have a great day/night guys and girls and all the other breakfast foods!

-pancake