𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐟𝐮𝐥

No matter how much the two women wished they could go back in time and never enter the room, they couldn't.

Amber could very well just have ruined one of the many friendships she'd cherished at the station, but she didn't regret the kiss or the relationship she'd just started. And Victoria could have just lost her friendship with her longtime best friend.

But both prayed that wasn't the case.

Victoria wanted to be the one to talk to Travis, but Amber insisted it be her.

Amber suggested Victoria try and find out what's going on with Jack, which was the question of the evening.

Tracking down Travis was a somewhat difficult task, as he was not in the kitchen where she figured he would be, since he hinted that dinner would be done soon, but it wasn't even close to being ready.

Her next thought was he might be cleaning a truck to get his mind over what he just witnessed, but he wasn't there either.

She'd continued searching, and her next spot was the roof. That's where she'd spotted him sitting at the picnic table with his head down, his hands held together.

Amber opened her mouth to apologize, but Travis immediately lifts his head and says, "Don't."

"Travis—" Amber attempts to apologize again, but Travis shoots out of his spot on the bench.

This makes the blonde take a sharp inhale, and a step back, which immediately has Travis' features softening.

He, and many others, had done their best to not be violent around her due to the arrival of her abusive ex, but even Maya had slipped at times.

Ambers face goes blank, as she instantly regrets letting her guard slip for a second.

"I'm sorry," Amber lets out, her voice slightly shaking. "You weren't supposed to see that."

Travis isn't sure what he wasn't supposed to see, her intake of breath, the step back, or the kiss, but her state makes him immediately forgive her for the kiss and for keeping it from him for who knows how long. He pulls her into a hug.

"It's okay Amber," He squeezes her so hard, that he knew she would make fun of him for it later, but right now he didn't care.

"No," Amber pushes out of his arms, and Travis lets her. "You should be mad at me— at Victoria. For not telling you. For— for—"

"Amber," Travis tries to soothe her. "Amber, Amber, Amber. I'm not upset."

Amber takes a deep breath, "Your not?"

"No. I'm more concerned about you. Are you okay?"

"Yes," Amber lied through her teeth.

"You aren't," Travis watches her movements carefully.

"I'm fine, you just.. caught me off guard," Amber relaxes the tiniest bit. "I'm sorry. We should've told you. Only Maya knows."

Travis tilts his head, the realization of why they kept it secret coming to him. A look of sympathy takes over his features, and Amber finds it embarrassing.

This time when Travis engulfs her in a hug, she doesn't push him away. She lets him comfort her.

"We didn't mean to hurt you in any way," Amber says when Travis finally releases her.

"I know," Travis nodded and put his hands in his pants pockets. "It's okay. I admit," He presses on of his hands on his chest, "I'm a little offended you didn't tell me first, because I've been shipping this since you've started here, but it's okay, I forgive you, and I understand."