𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

I FOUGHT THE LAW
2x9

(mentions of abuse)

Maya and Victoria tried not to let the worry get the best of them, and not bring it up to the other, but Amber had been distant for the last few months.

She's obviously hung out with everyone, and just with Victoria individually, but she wasn't really there.

She hadn't arrived yet that morning, so the two women figured she might've just had a doctors appointment she'd forgotten about.

"She looks tense," Maya and Victoria watch Andy from the barn, the two of them pretending to look busy. "I wish I could read lips."

"This is the reporter from the Mayors office?" The two lean closer, both crouching as they organize tools in a toolbox. "Maybe they'll give her the key to the city."

"Well, whatever happens, we can't let her see us watching," Maya turns to look at Victoria.

Maya stands as Ben and Dean approach them, but still no Amber.

"Anybody talk to Gibson yet?" Ben asks.

"Talk to me about what?" Jack appears, walking around one of the firetrucks.

"Hey!" Victoria smiles widely, shooting up from her crouched position on the ground.

"Hey! Good to see you, man!" Ben walks towards Jack and gives him a pat on the arm. "You feeling good?"

"If you need anything, you know.."

"Thanks. Yeah, just as long as nobody says the word 'skyscraper.' It could, um, undo months of therapy," Jack says, making everyone's faces fall. "Kidding!"

Everyone chuckles sarcastically.

"Lighten up, guys. All I wanna do is get back to work— the job, all right?" Jack asks as he moves towards the other truck.

Everyone disperses into their respective places.

"I'm waiting in the Beanery, and I find you all out here?" Pruitt comes in holding his clipboard, looking around. "Bishop, you and Andy are on Aid Car today. Hughes and Amber— stock the rigs. Warren— hoses. Gibson, Miller.."

"Yep," Dean peaks his head around the end of the truck.

"..tools maintenance."

"You know, I can handle the tools myself," Jack says after looking back at Dean, whose face is disappointed.

"I'll join Herrera and Bishop," Dean nods.

"Speaking of Bishop, sir, where is Amber?" Victoria rubs the back of her neck nervously.

"She'll be here," All Pruitt does is nod, not easing Victoria's or Maya's nerves at all.

"Aid Car 19. Medical response. Hyde Park."

"Miller, go grab Herrera!" Maya shouts, cleaning the middle of the garage up slightly.

🪴

Not even twenty minutes, here are Travis and Amber entering the station.

Victoria eyes Amber up, not in a sexual way, but in a worrisome way. She hasn't been herself for months, and Vic has finally had enough.

She's putting her foot down.

"Hey," Victoria nods at both of them.

"Hey!" Travis beams, and the two women share a look.