Twisted Disney #4

Twisted Disney #4 - Hercules

Hercules used the wind titan, who looked like a giant tornado, to suck up all of the other titans. Then, using a large portion of his strength, he threw the wind titan out into space. Hercules ignored his family's celebration of the hero's newest accomplishment. At that moment, Hercules didn't care that he had defeated his uncle's threats. He only had one main concern: Meg.

Hercules forced Pegasus to quickly travel to Meg's side. She laid on the ground with her head propped up against a rock. It was the same position she had been left in when he left her. It was a blessing to have his powers back. With it, he was able to save Greece from Hades's reign.

Like any good deal, though, there was a downside. Meg was harmed like Hades had bargained. The pillar that had fallen on her may not of been Hades fault directly, but he was to blame for all of this. He was still, even if it was indirectly, the cause of Meg's current discomfort.

And possibly even her death.

"Meg! Are you alright?" Hercules asked as soon as he reached her. Phil moved over so Hercules could be beside her. His eyes were filled with tears. Meg had even grown on him.

"Wonder boy," she whispered. The words seemed to take all of her energy as her eyelids slid shut. Hercules slid his large hand on her cheek. It was soft, yet cool to the touch. Most of the color had drained from them. Hercules could tell, like most other people could, that these were her last few seconds.

"Don't leave me, Meg. I love you," he whispered. A single tear slipped from his eye and fell down his cheek, leaving a small, wet trail on his face. Meg's eyes opened into tiny slits. Her purple eyes stared into Hercules's blue ones.

"I love you, too," she replied. Her eyes closed once again and Hercules heard the shallow sounds of her breath become farther and farther apart until he could no longer hear any. Another tear slipped down his face and landed on Meg's cheek. Hercules wiped it away and put his finger under her nose to check for the coming and going of air. He found nothing.

Hercules hid his face in his knees and cried. He sobbed violently, unlike any mortal would expect a hero to do. That was the problem, though. Hercules was expected to be the strongest which sometimes came with a downside: the heroes always had the biggest heartbreaks.

Hercules rose his head when he heard the sniffles of someone else. Phil was wiping away tears from his face. When he saw Hercules's face rise, he moved over to him and patted his back. Phil understood Hercules's pain; it was much like his own when he mourned the loss of a hero.

"This, kid, is why you never make deals with the devil. Someone always gets burned in the end," Phil mumbled as a way to deal with his own pain. Hercules's eyes grew larger as he realized he could always make another deal with Hades.

"Phil! What about Hades? He could always bring her back," Hercules hoped out loud to his mentor. Phil shook his head and waved his hands around in the air while saying things about how it was such a terrible idea. Hercules, desperate to get Meg back, ignored him and jumped onto Pegasus's back. Pegasus was hesitant but still flew Hercules to the underworld.

When Hercules arrived at the gates, he got off of Pegasus and immediately jumped onto one of the heads of Cerberus, the three headed dog that guards the underworld. He guided Cerberus into Hades's throne room, shocking Hades, Pain, and Panic. Hades was so shocked his blue flame even went out.

"What are you doing here?" Hades asked as soon as he got his cool together and his blue flame had returned. Hercules walked over to where the green river full of the souls of the dead ran through the throne room.

"I want to make a deal to get her back," Hercules said. Hades chuckled and stood. He walked over next to Hercules and motioned to the river below them.

"As much as I would love to do that, it isn't possible. If you want her, you have to go get her," he explained. Hercules dove into the green river without any response. He began to swim around with all the souls. His energy began to drain out of him.

At one point in time, Hercules felt so powerless that he felt as if he could die at any given second. That feeling was quick to go away, though. In a matter of seconds he felt like the most powerful person alive. Even in the green river, he could see the golden glow of his skin. He was immortal.

Hercules swan all through out the bottomless river. As he felt he was getting closer, he would learn he had not. As time went by, more and more souls joined the river until Hercules felt it was useless to search any longer.

So, Hercules returned to the surface. When he reached the throne room, he ignored the shocked stares of Hades and the fates. He left the underworld to find that he had been searching for 50 years. Phil and Pegasus had thought he was dead. Phil had been mocked over Hercules leaving him behind.

Since there was no reason for Hercules to stay in the mortal world, he moved to Mount Olympus. There, he lived with his godly family. He was able to find spots for Phil and Pegasus in Olympus. Hercules tried to stay busy with his godly duties, it was quite easy for him to do in the immortal world. Time to time, though, he found himself with free time.

His free time was the only time where he could wish for her. At times, he was tempted to run away and return to the underworld where he could search for Meg for as long as wanted. He couldn't, though, because his life was here now and not with his love there.

Disclaimer: Disney owns the version of Hercules that this is based on, not me.

§§§

Okay, so, if you read that letter thing at the beginning, you know that updates are supposed to be Monday and Friday. Well, I'm changing it to Monday and Thursday. Yeah.

Sneak peek: Next chapter is The Princess and The Frog.