Chapter 3 | Determination

Yugo woke up early in the morning, a wave of relief washing over him, when he saw that his brother was indeed back home, and it hadn't all been a dream. In true Adamai fashion, he kept on sleeping, even as Yugo knocked over multiple objects in the room while getting dressed.

Even though Alibert had released him of some of the duties in the Inn since he started going on adventures, it was still work he liked to do voluntarily when he had the time. With the help of his portals, he jumped right into the kitchen, where his father was already busy cooking. And although the mornings were usually slow, there was always something to do.

"Oh? You are up early.", His father mentioned, while he carried in a sack of potatoes. "I was awake anyways, so I thought you might need some help.", Yugo explained, as he took a bunch of vegetables out of the storage room. The two of them slowly started getting all of the ingredients for Aliberts fricassee out, as he told Yugo about all of the new stories from the neighborhood. Just like they always used to, when Yugo was still younger.

"Papa! Yugo! Good morning!", A bright voice stormed inside the kitchen, running up to his usual spot, - a small stool next to Yugo - to help out the best he could. The little eliatrope had been doing that almost every day since he and his dragon brother moved in.

"Good morning Chibi, did you sleep well?", Alibert asked the white-haired kid, putting his hand on his hat. He nodded, grabbing the carrot that Yugo handed him, to wash it. Then they repeated the same process with the rest of the vegetables, while Yugo cut them. "You are getting better every time!", He encouraged Chibi, who then returned him a big smile.

Then Yugo reached behind himself, using a portal to get one of the pans off a shelf. Chibi stared at the portals in awe, trying to replicate the forward-pushing motion, that Yugo always made, but without much success:"I want to make portals too!" The little eliatrope has always been eager to learn new things, but when it came to the Wakfu portals, - something that unfortunately only Yugo could show him, - he had been restless.

"Don't worry Chibi.", Yugo took another item from the shelf, again using his portals:"I am sure you'll get it down soon." The kid was staring at Yugos hands and then looked down at his own. "Maybe you should teach him.", Alibert pointed out, gesturing towards Chibi. The little ones' eyes immediately lit up, shooting toward Yugo. "Teach him? Me?", he didn't seem too convinced:"I've never taught anyone, I wouldn't even know where to start. I never had anyone teach me either..." "Please Yugo!", the look in Chibi's eyes was pleading, almost desperate.

"I think you could give it a chance.", his father tried to encourage him. Eventually, Yugo let them convince him. After all, he thought, it was at least worth a shot. And if it works, then that would be great, if it didn't then Chibi would just have to wait until he was old enough. Alibert threw them out of the kitchen, saying he could handle the kitchen work, urging them to make better use of the time.

When the two eliatropes stood outside in the backyard, Yugo was lost. Now he was here, and they were training, whatever that meant. He had no idea where to start. He wasn't a teacher, and while he was technically an adult, - and apparently supposed to know what to do -, he rarely ever felt like one.

He furrowed his eyebrows, before speaking up again:"Try to use your Wakfu." Chibi stood there, executing the same pushing motion, as earlier. "Hm.", he had looked at what Chibi had tried to do, with the help of the Wakfu vision that his brother showed him years ago. Unfortunately, the young boy didn't actually put any of his Wakfu from his fingertips out into the air.

When trying to think back to how Yugo did his first portals, he couldn't remember ever having to think about the way his Wakfu flowed. But that was largely thanks to the fact, that the first time he used one, was an accident. "Go for a circle motion instead of just pushing your hand out, that's a lot easier.", that was at least what he had done for the first months of using his powers. Just basically popping them out of thin air came way later.