Chapter 9 | Puzzled

- the white dimension -

As Yugo slowly regained consciousness, his headache became more and more prominent. He was convinced, his head would explode at any second. The first time he tried to sit up, the nausea sent him right back to the floor. The second time, on the other hand, he was more careful. He made sure his body was fine with every centimeter he pushed himself upwards, before making another move.

Inside of him, there was a strong feeling of restlessness. Yugo knew that he had to be prepared when the mechasms arrived, so he had to adjust to his abilities like Eliatrope had told him to. The eliatrope looked down at his hands. He furrowed his eyebrows, the goddess hadn't told him what the extent of his new abilities would be, or how to make use of it. Something else also bugged him though, something felt off about him, something he couldn't quite grasp, so he pushed it onto the long list of effects the white dimension had on him.

When he tried to channel Wakfu into his palms, it felt stiffer than usual, he closed and opened his palms repeatedly, trying to get rid of the numb feeling, before deciding that he would try to ignore it for now.

Then he tried to start off easy, motioning a portal. What he did not expect though, was for his Wakfu to blow up in his face. Literally. He shook his hand, the heat painfully burning his palm:"Ahhg!" The heat still persisted for a while before only the reddish color of his slightly burned flesh remained.

He wanted to try forming another portal, but hesitated, the pain still ringing in the back of his mind. Then he took a deep breath, this time putting less energy into the motion. Again though, he was met with the same outcome, only slightly less painful. Something had messed his Wakfu up. He was certain it had something to do with what the goddess had been doing to him.

Although irritated, he tried it again and again. His hands burned up to the point, where his skin blistered up in shades of pink and red. He didn't even dare to close his hands anymore, any movement was almost unbearable.

And while he thought about taking a break, he constantly felt pressured by the feeling of time running out. "Eliatrope!", he plead to the goddess to come back, though it seemed like this was the part of his destiny the young eliatrope had to handle all by himself.

He let himself fall back to the floor, resting his head on his knees, careful not to use his hands for any of his movements. He tried to steady his breathing. What was so different about his Wakfu? He didn't get it. Everything felt so stiff, and slow, almost tired. He concentrated on his Wakfu vision, his last desperate attempt.

When he indeed saw something that he had never seen before, Yugo was not sure if he was relieved, or unsettled. Either way, he had to figure out how to handle the new energy he found himself with. Instead of the usual bright blue shine, he saw when looking at his palms, it was now a blue that was littered with purple spots here and there.

Then he remembered what eliatrope had told him. Wakfu is the energy that represents all that flows. Stasis though, is the energy of everything stale. When the Krozmos was created Stasis and my Wakfu filled every last corner of it. Was that it? Was that what he saw in front of him? If his guess was correct, then the purple presence had to be stasis. The power that his people had banished.

What was he supposed to do with that knowledge, if his hands burned up every time he used it? These two energies coexist in a very fragile balance. Did that mean, that he just had to find the right balance when using his powers? It was worth a try for sure. Balancing the output of both Stasis and Wakfu was a lot harder than just throwing them around, as they were.

He didn't even dare try to call forth a portal or his sword before being sure, that he had the exact same amount of Wakfu and Stasis in his palms. But then, when he tried to pull out his sword, the energy blew up in his face once more, - worse than before. Yugo could not hold back his scream, his hands pulsating from the vivid pain.