Chapter 20 | Needed

"How are the others doing?", Yugo looked down to the ground far below them, trying to catch a glimpse of his friends, while also redirecting his thoughts away from Qilby. If everything was going according to their plan, the remaining lot of the brotherhood would be busy keeping the mechasms away. "Let's go look for them.", Amalia locked eyes with Yugo, searching for any sign that he was not ready, but there was none.

The three of them then got off the gigantic mechasm, aware that he would have the highest priority, once they had found their remaining friends.

"There you are!", Eva was the first to spot them taking a few steps in their direction:"Did everything work out?" Evangeline was only somewhat concerned, since seeing all three of them well, was already a good sign to her.

"Everything worked just as planned!", Adamai was enthusiastic, happy that they had succeeded. "It's all taken care of.", Yugo stated, trying to rub the exhaustion out of his eyes, but to no avail.

"How's the situation down here?", Amalia asked, using her plants to strangle one of the beings that was headed her way, before it could latch onto her. "We're managing, although I think the giant in front of us is the bigger problem right now.", Eva was staring right at the issue at hand, and none of them could deny that it was a pretty big issue.

Not even the iop of the group dared to argue with that:"It sure is gonna be something. "Nevertheless, he straightened himself, holding his sword high. "Well, let's take it on then!", the Eliatrope was filled with eagerness, despite how dire the situation looked for them. Because Yugo knew, that if it would not work, they would have to get back to their last resort.

He did not miss the skeptical look Adamai threw the rest of the brotherhood, at the duo's determination to fight this monster. So he avoided their stares:"Come on, what are we waiting for?" The eliatrope dashed off, only leaving a trace of Wakfu behind." His brother shook his head, sighing out loud:"It's always the same with him." Then the dragon followed his brother.

"We are really gonna try and fight that thing?", Ruel was more than critical. He was already convinced that they had no chance at all. The cra shrugged:"Seems like it." Reluctantly, the rest of the brotherhood followed the twins, Amalia taking all of them with her on her vines.

"Yugo!", Evangeline yelled, as soon as they all reached the head of the mechasm, their enemy's steps thundering right below their feet:"What's the plan?" The blue-hatted boy hesitated. What their plan was? He has barely even had time to think about that, a vague emptiness occupied his mind:"I..." His voice stuttered as much as his thoughts did:"We can just try to do what we did back in Bonta."

Evangeline signed, looking at her friends for guidance. Ruel was everything but convinced, but besides that, he was too distracted by the height he currently found himself at, helplessly clinging to the vine below him. Her husband didn't seem to care all too much, as long as he got a piece of the cake as well. Amalia and Adamai seemed to already have expected exactly this behavior from him.

"Let's just try it, once.", Adamai told her, once Yugo was out of hearing range. So she complied because if even the dragon gave in to his brother, she definitely would not have a chance to keep the eliatrope from going through with his plan.

So they went about the strategy in a similar way as the last time, except this time, Amalia would be the one moving Evangeline around the battlefield, so she didn't have to move through the portals for the third time in a day.

"Get me up there!", Dally pointed to the top of the giant's head, not even considering no for an answer. Amalia looked over to Eva both of them knowing he wouldn't budge unless he got a part in that fight:"Sure, iop head." "I told you to stop calling me that Amalia, I am still an honorable ShuShu knight!", He said, tipsy on his feet, while he was waiting for her to move upwards.