Chapter 6 | Hopeless

- The white dimension -

The eliatrope could not fully grasp the situation he had found himself in. Everything around him was bright and empty, and the silence seemed so loud. He took one step forward, then another one. He now stood where to portal had been just a second ago. It was no longer there, and he knew that, but there had to be some way out.

He knew there wasn't. He knew, that the portal Qilby just closed was his only chance. Still, he opened a portal, in hopes he would see the familiar Sadida forest on the other side. Instead, though, there was only the plain white, that stretched on forever. "No.", his hands were painfully burning from the amount of Wakfu he had used, yet he kept on forming portals.

Just one more, he thought, and he would surely open a portal out of this dimension. When he was too exhausted to keep on making portals, he started walking for what felt like hours on end, until he was too exhausted to even move a finger, falling and tumbling through the white void.

This couldn't be true. Qilby had trapped him, and Yugo now realized that it had never been the traitor's plan to kill him. He had planned on imprisoning him in this white hell like Yugo had trapped him here twice before.

"Qilby! Come back!", he screamed, only a faint screeching leaving his throat. The young eliatrope had lost all of his sense of time and space. He couldn't tell how close he was to the place where he entered the white dimension, and he also couldn't tell for how long he had already been trapped there.

He didn't want to give up, he simply had to believe that he could find a way out if he just tried hard enough. He couldn't bare the thought, that his brother was currently fighting Qilby without him. And while the faint trace of his brothers Wakfu, was the one thing keeping him sane, he was afraid, that even that would be taken from him at any moment.

Soon, Yugo had even forgotten where up and down was, his head hurt from the colorless tone of white he had been staring at for what felt like forever, and all he wanted to do was stop. He wanted to rest, and make everything go away. All of the hopelessness, despair, and fear. He covered his ears with both of his hands, in an attempt to blend out the striking silence around him, but nothing seemed to help.

- Sadida Kingdom -

All three of them stood inside the audience room, caught in a stasis of shock. They had no idea, where Qilby took Yugo. Adamai felt a knot in his throat, unable to speak or move. What would the traitor do to his brother? First I am gonna get rid of your brother... The words rang through his head, over and over again. He wanted to kill them.

"Where... Where did they go.", Amalia's face was pale, completely devoid of any expression. She imagined all of the worst scenarios in her mind, desperately hoping, that Yugo would somehow come back out of that portal at any second.

Then, despite all of her expectations, the portal opened again. She didn't dare to blink, or even breathe, but when she saw, that the man stepping out of the portal was Qilby, and not Yugo, her heart shattered, and she wasn't sure if she was still breathing. The world around her felt unreal. Where was Yugo? Why wasn't he the one coming out of the portal? "What did you do to Yugo!?", she screamed from the top of her lungs, while Qilby didn't even glance at her, but instead glared at the eliatrope's brother:"Now it's your turn."

The dragon's eyes widened, his teeth clenched:"You bastard." If his judgment would not have been clouded by rage, he might have noticed, that somewhere in the corner of existence, he could still feel his brother's Wakfu, although only faintly. Adamai dashed right up to the traitor, his mouth already prepared to shoot flames toward the Eliatrope.

Qilby reacted fast, teleporting to safety, but not fast enough. The dragon had already burnt a part of his right arm. "Stupid dragon.", he spits as he sent more of his portals on him, beams of Wakfu shooting at the older brother. There was no way for Adamai to get out of the way in time, so instead he pulled up his arms in defense, bracing for the impact.

To his surprise though, the pain never came. He looked up, his eyes meeting the green of Amalia's vines, instead of the blue color that Wakfu usually had. Then his eyes shot behind him to where the Sadida princess stood. Her eyes were filled with tears, but she tried to keep her composure nevertheless:"Get him. I'll protect you the best I can."

While the two of them had never fought alongside each other, it felt almost natural. Adamai tried to get in blow after blow, while Amalia tried to block Qilbys Wakfu beams from reaching her dragon friend. Whenever she could predict it, she would put vines in front of Qilby's portal, cutting off his escape routes.

There was nothing Flopine could do to help the two of them. He thought about helping out with his arrows from afar, calling for help, or searching for the rest of the brotherhood, but ultimately, he knew, that he was absolutely powerless.

And while it looked as if they had the upper hand, Adamai slowly grew tired, while Qilby seemed like he could go on forever, thanks to the power of the Eliacube. Whatever their plan was, both Amalia and Adamai knew, that they had to end this fight as fast as they could.

The dragon decided that he had to change his approach. Instead of getting chased by Qilby and trying to defend himself, he had to be the one initiating the attack, or he would certainly lose. For a moment he stood still, collecting himself, trying to spot the eliatrope. His eyes wandered through the room, as he heard the familiar warp sound, that he knew all too well from his brother's portals.

Just thinking about Yugo made another wave of rage wash over him. The dragon immediately turned around, shooting another ball of flames right into Qilby's face. He screamed in pain, but instead of backing away, he pulled out his Wakfu Scythe, skimming Adamai with it, as Amalia struggled to get her vines up in time.

"Don't think I don't have a backup plan.", the eliatrope huffed:"You'll not get around dying, no matter how hard you try, Adamai." Adamai winced in pain:"Just you wait." While he had previously been unaware of Qilbys Wakfu weapon, it was barely a surprise after he saw Yugo's sword.

It would be a lot harder to fight Qilby if he could not get up close since that was what the young dragon was best in. Amalia reliably blocked Qilby's next few attacks on Adamai, hoping that it would give her friend a chance to counterattack. Eventually though, the eliatrope had enough of having his attacks blocked by a bunch of plants. Instead of moving behind Adamai, as he did during his previous attempts, he now teleported right behind Amalia.

Her heart felt like it stopped, the moment she noticed. He took up his scythe, aiming right for her throat. "Amalia!", Adamai turned around, trying to still reach the princess in time, knowing he couldn't. Then Qilby's scythe came crashing down.