Chapter 17 | Purple

"Argh!", Yugo hit another batch of the small, flying beings with his Stasis sword, as they dropped dead to the floor. The smallest ones were barely an issue, they were just about the size of his hand, it was their numbers that made them dangerous.

Unfortunately, though, not all of the mechasms were that small, some of them were almost the size of Yugo, he only had to look down a few inches when standing in front of them, just like he did right now:"Can't you go back to where you came from!?"

The mechasms didn't answer, gesture, or slow down in any way, it simply kept on running toward the Eliatrope, before getting out its metallic blade. Before the tinny creature could close the distance though, Yugo opened up a set of portals, and executed it from behind, using his Stasis sword.

As he figured out quickly, it indeed made a huge difference whether he used Wakfu or Stasis. While it was possible for him to use his portals without any issue, the mechasms could easily absorb his Wakfu blade, leaving no damage on their bodies. Stasis, however, cut through them like butter.

"How are you holding up Yugo?", Amalia asked, as she passed him, standing on one of her vines. "I am doing alright. Their numbers just don't seem to lessen though.", he straightened his back for a moment:"How are you? And have you heard from the rest of the brotherhood?"

She nodded:"I don't know where Ruel is right now, but Adamai is just around the corner from you, and Evangeline and Dally are somewhere further inside of the city. They are all doing well, as far as I've seen." "And you?", he repeated his question from before. "I'm doing good, considering the circumstances.", the princess looked away into the distance, her head fully on the battlefield:"I am trying direct my nation's forces to where they are needed the most, but it's turning out to be a lot harder than expected. Everyone needs help everywhere."

Yugo didn't quite know what he could say to cheer her up, he had no experience when it came to the art of war or battle, he didn't fight in an army, and didn't command one either. But he knew how to be there for Amalia as a friend, probably the only thing he could offer her now:"I know you are doing great Amalia. If you need my help, you know where to find me."

She nodded before they said their, hopefully temporary, goodbyes and Amalia headed down the harbor. As a princess, she had been taught all kinds of subjects. History, battles, wars, diplomacy,  and etiquette are only a few of them. Although with almost all of them, she had hoped she would never in her life have to make use of them, and especially not this soon.

"Maybe I should go and look after Adamai myself.", Yugo mumbled as he dashed off, in search of his brother. But what Yugo did not expect to find, was a gigantic mechanical monster. It was as tall as a house, towering over him, its large tube shaped arms slowly swinging at its side. It was so much taller and rounder than all of the other mechasms, that he doubted if it even was one of them.

Although the second he felt the stasis energy, he was sure, that it was one of them. It simply seemed to be a more important, way stronger member of their race. Right behind the metal gigant, he saw Adamai flying in his direction, and immediately called out for him:"Ad!" The dragon and he locked eyes, understanding each other right away. There was no way either of them could take care of this being on their own. But together they could do it. At least that's what both of them believed.

Even without being able to read each other's thoughts, they were a flawless team. Adamai managed to distract the lifeform and blind him with his flames, so that Yugo was able to easily sneak behind him, trying to look for a weak point in his armor, skin, or whatever it would be called in their case.

The eliatrope landed on the very top of the being, trying to poke his sword into the back of its neck. Unfortunately, his brother's distraction wasn't quite enough, as the moment the house of a robot felt the blade pierce its metal shell, it shook its body and threw Yugo off balance.