Chapter 1

Last night, I encountered a slight problem in the middle of the night: the urgent need to use the bathroom.

I'm sure everyone has experienced waking up abruptly due to bodily needs. Some might have faced more long and hard issues in that regard. But let's not dwell on that; my stomach might be upset from the crusader's cooking, not that I intend to insult her culinary skills.

Perhaps meat and alcohol don't mix well...

I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. Despite the absence of any light or candles to assist me, I squinted my eyes. Though I considered using Night Vision, I felt too lazy to bother with it.

Upon arriving at the bathroom, I realized the door had been slightly open. I opened it all the way and was taken aback to see someone sitting on the toilet. It was the only other person besides me who used this bathroom.

As soon as the door opened, she noticed me and appeared about to scream. I quickly covered her mouth with my hand.

"Eek!" Darkness let out a yelp of terror.

Why did I always end up in such situations with her?!

"You're lucky I don't have my night vision on. Just don't scream, okay?" I quietly spoke to her, unable to see her entire view on the toilet. However, the moonlight illuminated both of us, offering a glimpse of her slightly messy but straight blonde hair and only her reddish face.

She also appeared to have teary eyes in her current situation.

Thankfully, everything below the bottom was dark.

"Thankfully, we are the only two who uses the bathroom. So no one else should be awake in the middle of the night."

Just as I said that, I heard incoming footsteps, which could be either Megumin or Aqua.

"Man, I'm hungry. What should I eat..."

The footsteps eventually became more distant.

Of course, the reason I wasn't found out was that I had closed the bathroom door, locking both of us in.

Finally, I let go of my hands from Darkness's lips, and that's when I noticed a small bit of wetness on my left palm.

"You erotic bastard! You licked my hand!" I loudly whispered at her, as quietly as I could.

"N-No! That wasn't the cause! You see... in my current situation.. being held captive by you in a small room, locked away  with other people unaware of our situation... kinda turned me on..." She looked down, filled with shame.

"Night Vision!"

"Ah!"

To even the score and with a slight motive for revenge, I activated my night vision to playfully tease her a bit.

Thankfully, she was wearing her pink nightgown, the one she always wore every night.

"Now we're even." Instinctively, I wiped her saliva off my chest, only then realizing that I had no shirt on at the moment.

"Eek! I forgot I was shirtless. Quick, hand me the toilet paper."

"You're the one with night vision!" She refuted my playful teasing. "D-Did you just wipe my precious saliva on yourself!" Her brain finally processed what had just happened, and now she was even more flustered than before.

"I swear I had no intention to do anything dirty with it."

Yet.

Maybe.

"Uuuu... You really are a perverted brute taking advantage of a defenseless woman.."

False accusations!