Chapter 7

What should we do in this situation...?

The blame rested solely on me. No excuses could justify tonight's events.

We had just returned from the mansion, unsuccessful in our quest to subdue the witch. Yet, we couldn't abandon the quest, not with this massive problem in our hands.

The witch's curse was cast upon Kazuma... and currently...

Kazuma was now reduced into a defenseless little infant baby.

"Sacred Spell Break!"

Aqua yelled out, casting her spell in the center of the living room where the infant Kazuma was sitting.

But it had no effect.

"I-It had no effect? Impossible. My powers... reduced to nothing... I can't even break a witch's curse...!"

The absurdity of the situation was undeniable.

Aqua's magic had even dispelled the curse of the Dullahan that foretold my impending death within a week.

Yet, it had no impact on the curse of an undead witch.

For a curse to be that strong... it could be the Demon King's wife! Or maybe one of his many wives? I've never known how many wives he has, and if one of them were human...

"M-Maybe it's not a curse at all? Or maybe it's the type of curse that slowly disappears like what happened to Darkness with her weakness curse. Such curses often pose no immediate threat or great peril to the victim; they don't cause instant death or any fatality..."

Megumin speculated, her chin resting on her fingers.

"This is bad! I can't have Kazuma reduced into an infant! I'll be in this world forever if he slowly grows up at the same rate as you guys do! I can't wait eighteen more years of this world! Wahhhhh!!!"

"Settle down, Aqua! You're gonna startle Kazuma and make him cry! I don't even know who is the real crybaby in this mansion!"

Ignoring the cries from the adult baby as Megumin attempted to calm her down, I slowly approached the still-awake Kazuma who stared at the two and their noisy quarrel.

"Judging by the size and how he can sit straight up without any assistance... I'd say that he is about six months old right now..."

The infant Kazuma extended his arms toward me, emitting a soft whimper, expressing his desire for me to pick him up the moment he caught sight of me.

I yielded to his desires, lifting him up by his armpits, and his whimpers instantly ceased.

"Perhaps he might experience accelerated growth if the curse gradually fades... Maybe he'll grow a month older each day? Or a year older each day until he reaches his original."

The infant Kazuma's smile beamed when he reached my eye level, observing both Megumin and Aqua who stopped their argument.

"Surprisingly... Kazuma is incredibly adorable as a baby! It's an entirely different experiment than having him being a pervert inside the mansion everyday!"

Megumin proclaimed.

"Of course, all babies whether human or not are designed to be cute to attract their caregivers. But... I'm not falling for it. No way a little version of Kazuma is going to make me call him cute. I don't even remember the year I was a baby."

Aqua huffed, crossing her arms, determined not to succumb to Kazuma's cuteness.

However, Kazuma seemed to have different intentions. He extended his arms toward Aqua, as if wanting to be held by her.