Chapter 9

Darkness leaned in to whisper to my ear, her voice hushed yet charged with reverence.

"He holds the title of one of the most powerful swordsmen in history, not only within our own history books but also in those of other kingdoms..."

Her voice almost caught in her own throat as she whispered his name into my ear.

"The prince of The Kingdom of Belzerg, Belzerg Stylish-Sword Jatice..."

Prince Jatice slowly took a step into the meeting room, immediately shifting the room's atmosphere.

"Can I come in?"

...

So, this was Prince Jatice.... I recognized him as Iris's elder brother, the one who was reportedly leading a relentless war against the Demon King and his forces on the frontlines.

Iris had mentioned that she hadn't seen him in quite a while.

Perhaps he had come to protect Iris as well, upon receiving news that the Demon King's army had nearly captured his younger sister.

He wore an exquisite white trench coat, adorned with luxurious gold buttons that were elegantly fastened. His attire included expensive white fabric pants and shoes with golden ties. While this color scheme was quite common among nobles, it suited him exceptionally well.

Judging by his appearance, he seemed to be older than me, if not around the same age as Darkness. Undoubtedly handsome, he rivaled the looks of most nobles, if not surpassing them by a landslide.

I won't even be surprised if this man had a harem of his own noblewomen or if he ever makes the Demon King's daughter fall in love with him when they meet eyes.

I had encountered two other notable and handsome male swordsmen before: Alderp's adoptive son, Balter, and that Katsugiri fellow with the cheat sword.

However, this man...

He emitted an entirely distinct aura compared to the other two.

Balter possessed a sympathetic and virtuous personality, cherished by everyone in Axel. No matter how rude you were, unless you were Kazuma, he wouldn't be the least bit affected. Instead, he would empathize with you and somehow manage to guide you away from your negativity.

As for the wielder of the magic sword, Katsugiri, while he didn't possess a perfect personality—he had a tendency to voice whatever crossed his mind due to his belief that he was superior because of his sword—he remained willing to protect people with his life, especially women. There was a concealed womanizer aspect to him, I was almost certain of it.

Yet, there was something profoundly distinct about this man, setting him apart from the rest.

He carried an air of profound seriousness at all times, seemingly not one to take jokes lightly.

"Prince Jatice... Please accept my apology for my earlier impoliteness. I deeply regret speaking to you in such a tone."

Claire expressed, her hands held against her chest as she bowed at a ninety-degree angle.

"You are forgiven, Claire."

He responded, briefly granting his forgiveness to her before walking calmly to his designated chair.

Each of his footfalls resounded through the room, magnified by the profound silence that enveloped the space. It was as if everyone was waiting for him to either speak or give permission for others to speak.

Before settling into his seat, he positioned himself behind the chair opposite Aqua, gazing down at her.

Aqua, clearly apprehensive, instinctively crossed her arms over her chest.