Prologue

"Wake up, pack your stuff and get out of here! Earthquake." said my twin sister, Fleur, while shaking both of my shoulders.

I rose from my bed without uttering a single word, still feeling the grogginess from the deep slumber of the night before. My mind was yet to fully shake off the haziness, but I remained calm and composed, focusing on clearing my thoughts. As I glanced around my room, it was clear that it was still in disarray, with clothes, school supplies, books, and papers strewn about. The sight of the cluttered space reminded me of the frustration I had felt the previous night, as I had been unable to keep my room tidy.

I am a regular girl who has gone through some tough times. Unfortunately, my dad passed away, and my mom had to leave for her hometown to take care of my grandpa. As a result, I only live with my twin sister in an apartment. Although we are identical twins, we have vastly different personalities. I tend to be more right-brained, excelling in creative and emotional areas, while my sister Fleur has a talent for analytical and logical thinking. Despite our differences, they have brought us closer together as sisters. We even started our own creative agency, which has been a great success. I focus on visual design, creative concepts, and art direction, while Fleur handles project management, data analysis, and strategy development. I don't know what I would do without her, and I am grateful for our strong sisterhood that has only grown over the years.

"C'mon! We need to go" Fleur pulled my shirt.

"Shut up, it's too early to- Wait, why are we in a hurry again?"

As I started to regain consciousness, my body still felt sluggish and disoriented. However, I could sense that something was wrong. Suddenly, she grabbed my arm and urged me to move quickly towards the door. We both knew that an earthquake was imminent and that we needed to evacuate the building immediately. With adrenaline pumping through our veins, we sprinted towards the exit, hoping to escape the danger that lay ahead. Every second felt like an eternity as we pushed ourselves to run faster, driven by the instinctual desire to survive. Despite the chaos and confusion around us, we remained focused on our goal - to reach safety as fast as possible.

As we bolted out of the apartment, our hearts were racing with fear and adrenaline. The sound of the earth shaking beneath our feet was deafening, and each step felt like a battle against the tremors. We descended down the stairs as fast as we could, with each step feeling like a precarious leap. The rumbling of the earth only grew louder, and it was as if the whole world was collapsing around us. Finally, we made it to the street, only to be met with pandemonium. The once calm and orderly road was now a scene of chaos, with people sprinting in all directions and the noise level reaching a deafening pitch.

The sudden loud crash jolted the ground beneath our feet, causing us to freeze in fear. We instinctively covered our ears, but nothing could block out the deafening noise that filled the air. Our eyes widened in horror as we watched the building across the street crumble to the ground, sending clouds of dust and debris into the air. It was as if a boomerang had been thrown, with each building succumbing to the force and collapsing one after the other in a domino effect. The once bustling street was now a scene of chaos and destruction, leaving us shaken and numb with disbelief.

As we stood frozen in fear, we witnessed the destruction of the buildings around us. The sound of crumbling concrete and shattering glass was deafening, and the dust that filled the air made it difficult to see. We were in shock, unable to comprehend the magnitude of the disaster that was unfolding before our eyes. In the midst of the chaos, we felt an overwhelming sense of helplessness. We knew that there was nothing we could do to stop the destruction or save the people inside. As we watched in agony, our screams and cries echoed throughout the park, a haunting reminder of the tragedy that had befallen us. It was like a scene from a movie, but this time it was all too real, and we were left to grapple with the aftermath of the devastation.