8. Through Thick and Thin

3 days later

Agent Pig's keen senses had always made him more aware of his surroundings than most. It was a gift that had served him well during his years as a leader. So when rumors began to circulate about a potential dead body near the Gardenia Cafe, he couldn't help but take notice. The whispers had started small, barely audible over the din of the island, but they grew louder with each passing day. And even though Agent Pig knew about the accident firsthand, having witnessed it with his own eyes, he kept his lips tightly sealed.

It wasn't that he was afraid of speaking out, per se. But there was a sense of unease that had settled over him in the wake of the incident. A feeling that something had shifted, irreparably, in the fabric of his reality. The world had always been a dangerous place, full of twists and turns and unexpected pitfalls. But this was different. This was a darkness that seemed to permeate everything. A shadow that clung to his every step, threatening to engulf him at any moment.

Still, Agent Pig knew that he couldn't ignore the rumors forever. So, with a heavy heart, he made his way to the Gardenia Cafe. The place was practically deserted, save for a few stragglers nursing their drinks at the bar. As he approached, he could feel the weight of their eyes on him. They knew why he was there. They knew what he was looking for. And yet, they said nothing.

As Agent Pig stood in front of the Gardenia Cafe, a group of onlookers gathered around him, their eyes fixed on his every move. Police officers were stationed around the corner, keeping a watchful eye on the area. Two dogs were seen sniffing around the perimeter of the cafe, adding to the tense atmosphere. Despite the commotion, Agent Pig remained calm and collected, sighing before clapping his hands to draw more attention to himself. With a determined look on his face, he bravely stepped forward towards the front counter, bracing himself for what lay ahead.

"You people should go home now. I can handle this on my own." said Agent Pig.

"Sir, this is a serious problem."

"I have everything under control. Just go."

"It's alright, sir. Just leave it to us!"

Agent Pig found himself cornered by the police. With his back pressed against the wall, he refused to budge an inch. The police officers tried to push him towards the front door, but he stood his ground with an unwavering determination. His feet rooted firmly into the ground, he used his weight as an advantage, making it impossible for the officers to move him. But Agent Pig knew that this was only the beginning of his troubles.

Suddenly, he spotted one of the officers heading towards the kitchen, where the real culprit, Sasa, lay in wait. Without a moment's hesitation, Agent Pig charged towards him and delivered a knockout blow, preventing him from getting any closer to the truth. However, his victory was short-lived, as more police officers began to swarm around him. Despite his best efforts, Agent Pig was eventually overpowered and dragged away from the Gardenia Cafe, where he knew that justice would never be served.

As Agent Pig exited the cafe, at exactly the time he was abruptly kicked by the police. The pain was intense, but he managed to maintain his composure and gazed up at the night sky. His mind raced with thoughts of how he could rescue Sasa from the treacherous kitchen. He contemplated for a long time, trying to come up with a plan. Finally, he made his way to the back of the cafe, determined to find a solution.

As he walked, his eyes scanned the area, searching for any sign of alternative entrances. Suddenly, he heard rustling in the bushes nearby. His heart racing, he approached cautiously, and to his immense relief, there was Sasa, crawling out from behind the foliage. Without hesitation, Agent Pig immediately went to Sasa, brushing off the dust and dirt from Sasa's clothes.