Mina's family

Mina's Perspective:

As I step into the house, a smile spreads across my face as I think about the new friend I've made. "I'm home," I announce cheerfully.

"Welcome home, Mina," my dad greets me, emerging from the kitchen. Suddenly, concern etches his features. "Oh my God, Mina, what happened? Did those kids attack you again?"

I try to reassure him, "I'm fine, Dad. Someone stepped in and defended me. He even patched up my wounds."

"That's good. He sounds like a good person."

"He is. We even exchanged numbers."

A suggestion springs from my dad, "You should invite him and his parents over sometime, so we can thank them. Just make sure they don't know about your sister being quirkless. You know what can happen."

"No need to worry about that. He's quirkless too."

"Really?"

"Yes, and he's determined to become the first quirkless hero."

"Well, then, I definitely want to meet this kid."

Izuku's Perspective:

"I'm home."

"Honey, where were you? I was so worried."

"Mom, I'm fine. I helped someone who was getting bullied."

"Okay, but please call next time."

"Sure, Mom. I'll be in my room." With a nod from her, I head upstairs, pulling out my phone. Looking at Mina's contact, I type, "Hey Ashi, it's Midoriya. Just got home."

"Hey Midori, you actually texted me."

"Of course."

"So, what are you up to?"

"Not much, just getting ready for dinner."

"Oh, that reminds me. My dad wants you to come over sometime to thank you and meet your parents."

"Okay, sure. I'll ask my mom. Be right back." I make my way downstairs.

"Yes, Izuku? What do you need?"

"The girl I helped out today, her parents want to invite us to dinner and figure out when we're available."

"Alright. I guess Friday works since I'll be leaving for a business trip on Saturday."

"Okay, I'll let her know." I head back to my room, texting Mina, "We can come over on Friday, but after that, it might be a while since my mom is leaving on a business trip starting Saturday."

"Okay, sounds good. I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Got to go. My dad's calling me down for dinner."

"Okay, bye."

The next day passes relatively well for me. I'm excited that it's Friday, meaning I'll have more time for training. I've managed to avoid Kacchan all day. With school almost over, I'm looking forward to seeing Ashido again. It's strange how I'm not as nervous around her, even though she's a girl.

I find myself writing in my journal, and before I realize it, I'm drawing a picture of Ashido. Suddenly, Kacchan's voice breaks my concentration. "Hey, useless Deku, what the hell are you doing?" He snatches my journal. "Wow, why are you drawing a mutant freak?"

"Don't talk about her like that, Kacchan."

"It makes sense that the only person who will put up with you is another freak." He goes to rip my journal, but it suddenly disappears from his hand, and I start running away. "Get him!" Kacchan and his gang chase me.

I run until I finally lose them somehow, then I quickly make my way home.

"Mom, I'm home."

"Good, Izuku. Are you ready to head over to the Ashidos' house?"

"Yeah, just let me change out of my uniform." I head to my room and switch into a t-shirt and shorts. I send a text to Mina: "Hey, we're about to head over. We'll be there in about 30 minutes."

"Okay, see you then, Midori." Her response comes quickly. My mom and I leave the house.

Mina's Perspective:

'Oh my God, Midori is on his way. Do I look okay? Should I change clothes? Why am I so nervous? I literally just met him. But he's so sweet.' I decide to head to my sister's room. "Misha, does this outfit look alright?"

"Yeah, it looks fine, but why are you so nervous? If anyone should be, it's me."

"I don't know why I'm so nervous. And you don't need to be."

"Why? I'm quirkless."

"So is he."

"Really?"

"Yes, but he said he's not going to let that stop him from being a hero."

"I hope he succeeds."

"Me too. I hope both of us get into UA. Then we can walk home together, become friends, and maybe more."

"Sounds like you're in love, sis."

I can feel my cheeks heat up. "No, I'm not."

"Oooo, I'm telling Dad." She starts running downstairs.

"Come back here, you little—" I call out before hearing the doorbell ring. I quickly fix my clothes and open the door. "Hey, Mrs. Midoriya, Midori, it's good to see both of you."

"Hey, Ashi, how are you?" Midori asks.

"I'm good, Midori." We enter, and dinner goes without a hitch until Mrs. Midoriya's phone rings, and she excuses herself.

"I'm so sorry, that's work. They need me to leave for my business trip now."

"Oh, that's too bad. Do you have anyone to watch over Izuku?" My mom inquires.

"Unfortunately, no, so he's going to be home alone until I get back in 2 weeks."

"He can stay here if you'd like," my dad offers.

"That would be great."

"Okay, Izuku, I've got to go. I'll see you in 2 weeks."

"Bye, Mom," he says, hugging her before she leaves.

"So, Midori, I noticed you avoided talking about being a hero around your mom," I comment.

"Yeah, I don't want her to worry. You all probably know the statistics about quirkless people."

"Yeah, like around the age of 20, they die," my mom adds.

"Yeah, so I don't want her to worry more than she has to. And I want to prove that I can do it, even if the world is against me."

"You're already inspiring to me, being quirkless too," my sister chimes in.

He smiles at her before turning back to us. "But no, I don't care if teachers sabotage my grades or blame me for getting beat up. When I become a hero, I'm going to make sure the laws change."

"It's not going to be easy, you know."

"Trust me, I know more than most." After that, we continue talking until we finish eating. Izuku insists on helping with the dishes. "I'm going to have to run home and pick up some stuff."

"Let me drive you," my dad offers.

"No, it's fine. I couldn't ask you to do more for me."

"I insist, plus it's a good time for boy talk."

"Okay, sure." Midori says.