Chapter 2 - Peace -

To Mila's shock, her roommate Terra turned their shared dorm into some kind of gardening. Every free space was covered with plants, flowers and other green stuff. It was a lot.

„Pretty, isn't it? My dad works here in the greenhouses and I always get some seedlings and offshoot plants from him!" Terra said cheerfully as she came into the room with another six plants.

Mila's eyes widened at the sight of that. „Oh yes, it's really pretty. But it's uhm.. a lot, don't you think? I have got some decor as well and there's no space anymore here or over there or anywhere around here" Mila laughed unsure.

She felt Terra getting anxious and insecure again and Mila felt bad for her. She really wanted to make friends in her new home. Or at least didn't want to be noticed in any negative kind of way.

„Terra, sorry, I like it! I'm just not used to share my dorm. I don't have siblings, you know." Mila excused herself and smiled at Terra.

„Oh I get it! I'll show you how to share everything! What's mine is yours! What about your parents? Do they have siblings? Do you have cousins?" Terra asked friendly but Mila felt her heart drop by the mention of her parents. Why did everyone have to talk about parents? She didn't want to think about her dad again. She couldn't. Especially not in the Otherworld.

„Terra, sorry. I'm not feeling all too well. I guess I'll unpack later, I need some fresh air." Mila stormed out of their shared dorm and suite away from Terras anxiety and insecurities.

Terra wasn't the only one being anxious that day. Many new students in the dorm halls were afraid, nervous and excited. It was all too much. Mila couldn't focus anymore. The more she felt all those negative emotions the more she panicked.

She didn't want to make any bad appearance and tried to walk as calmly as possible, nobody could notice how anxious she was.
She walked out of the building and looked around. The school campus was surrounded by forest. Deep green and black forest. Mila felt trapped. Caged in her worst nightmare.

She felt like she couldn't breath again. She couldn't focus. Her surroundings blurred, her head ached badly and she felt the pain from the day her father died. It didn't stop. It would never stop. The pain grew worse and worse until it ... stopped.

What was it? She felt ... at peace. For the first time in forever, no other feeling was in her mind. A soothing warmth and peace reached through her entire body. She had never felt this great ever before.

„have i gone mad? Is that it now? Lack of sleep, headaches... I must have gotten crazy" Mila thought to herself.

The laughter of a group of some students got her out of her silly thoughts. She looked up. There were about twenty students. They looked older than her. She concentrated and felt the emotions of the students. She felt easiness, happiness.

„They can't be first years. Way too calm for that" she thought and watched them. Two boys threw a magical ball of water back and forth. They didn't really pay attention to their magic and the water splashed around. One of the girls seemed bothered by it and quickly evaporated it with a snap of her fingers.
The group started laughing about something a rather tall guy in the middle of the group said.

He was pretty handsome, Mila thought. Muscular too. He had brown, wavy hair and greenish brown eyes as far as Mila could tell.
He was wearing light blue jeans and a green jacket. What Mila attracted the most was his smile.
„Gosh he's gorgeous!" she thought.

„And I'm standing here all alone gaping over there to a total stranger looking like a loner. Awesome. Great Mila. Great start. What if he looks over here? Get lost, girl! Look at him, he's probably seventeen if not eighteen and seems to be popular and outgoing and so hot, he must have a girlfriend. Don't be so stupid, you are so silly girl." Mila said to herself and left ashamed blushing.

On her way back to the dormitories she couldn't help but smile. She felt awkward, sure. But she felt so good at the same time.
„Okay Mila. He was pretty. Handsome. He looked just... perfect. You've got yourself a crush on your first day. Be rational. He can't be that great. You'll probably never be able to talk to him. There's no need to stalk him or even think more of him, you little weirdo" she said to herself.

„What are you thinking of?" suddenly a voice said. The voice belonged to the last girl in her suite.
„Oh hi. Sorry. Just lost in thoughts. I'm sorry for earlier. Stella really drove me insane. I'm not like that usually. I'm Mila by the way." she smiled up to the taller girl.
„She's horrible. And so arrogant and annoying. Really believes, she's on top of everything. Nice to meet you, I'm Aisha" answered Aisha smilingly.

A/N: so, what do you guys think of this story so far?
English is not my first language, so feel free to correct me in the comments, I appreciate it. <3
Have a lovely day.