Chapter 3 - the orientation party -

A/N: hey guys, in this chapter there is some mention of sexual assault/abuse. If you are sensitive to that sort of topic I recommend you to not read the end of this chapter.

Finding the way back to her suite was harder than expected. A very poor sense of direction didn't help a bit.
It took Mila almost 45 minutes before she finally met Stella, who fortunately took her back.

"Honestly, Mona, what part of this didn't you understand? I'm not a babysitter. It's really not my job to lead you around and pick you up like little stray kittens!" Stella scolded.
"Mila. My name is Mila. And not to mention, I'd really like it if we could be nicer to each other. Or at least not react annoyingly to each other. After all, we live together," Mila replied, annoyed.
„Whatever" Stella brushed off and went to the suite directly to her dorm.

„Oh Terra, hi! More plants?" Mila asked laughing as she looked over to Terra who placed many plants in their shared living room.

Terra started giggling but before she could answer, Stella entered the room, a look full of disgust and annoyance as she saw what Terra had done.

Malia did feel the tension rise and her head started throbbing again. She didn't want to participate in yet another argument with Stella and she barely paid attention to their discussion about some secret garden thing.
Stella stormed off, leaving a very insecure, anxious Terra behind.

„You know, it's probably too much." she said sadly and started collecting some of the plants to take them away.

„Why is Stella even here with us? She's a second year. Terra, why is she not with the others" Aisha asked before grabbing a glass of water.

Mila was interested. It was quite odd. No other second year shared their suites with first years. Was it, because Stella wanted to have a room to herself and this way was the only option? Maybe some kind of punishment by headmistress Dowling for bad behaviour.

Headmistress Farah Dowling was friendly and fair but also strict and straightforward. Mila wondered what Stella could have done that the headmistress decided that way.

„Well you know, I uhm.. let's not talk to her about it, maybe some uhm organisation stuff or so. Well, the plants, Aisha, what do you think about them?" Terra stumbled. She was lying, Mila felt that. Terra was a horrible liar but Mila didn't want to push the uncomfortable feeling girl any longer and started to help Terra decorate.

· • ● ● • ·

"Would you like to have a cup of tea or a glass of water perhaps?" The friendly assistance of Mrs. Dowling asked.
Earlier, Bloom and Mila had received a note from Mrs. Dowling that she expected them in her office this afternoon to discuss some things.

While Bloom was in the office, Mila took the time to look around the anteroom.

The walls were very high and there were bookshelves on the sides with numerous old-looking books. Opposite her was the desk of Mrs Dowling's assistant. He was sitting behind his computer, tensely working on something. Behind him were several folders with student data and teaching materials.

She had been here before. The night Mrs. Dowling had found her. She took her here and then into her office. Back then the anteroom seemed much smaller, more constrained and oppressively. Mila tensed.

She was relieved when the door finally opened and Bloom stepped outside. Bloom was agitated and frustrated. Obviously, she was not here by choice either. But she also seemed a little confused. Mila could not blame her. She herself was beside herself most of the time and felt very small in the Otherworld. What must it be like to not even know that this world existed until recently?