// ❤️💛 𝐒𝐧𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞.

CW: loss

=

**OC Insert

woohoo gotta love self-indulgence

anyways if you couldn't tell this is based off the drawing above

err yeah

also sorry this is like my second oc insert fic in this book i'll try to do more x readers but i usually write better when im writing about my ocs lol

PHYSICAL TOUCH, QUALITY TIME, ESTABLISHED RELATIONSHIP, INSERT, COMFORT Fluff (may have hints of angst)

⚠️SPOILERS⚠️

[PROOFREAD-ish??]

=

{3rd PERSON POV}

It was just another night for Benny.

He couldn't sleep, his eyes were heavy but they couldn't just seem to close fully. He had tried listening to music, no effect. He tried just relaxing, no effect. It seemed nothing worked. His mind was clouded with thoughts and emotions that he hadn't resolved in the last 24 hours. He thought he wasn't going to be sleeping tonight,

until he showed up.

Benny saw the faint yellow-orange glow from under his door, followed by a soft thud, and footsteps.

He was familiar with the noises behind the door, when Miguel would teleport to his apartment after a long day at HQ. He sort of wished the sounds would be a little quieter, half so the neighbors wouldn't wake up, half so when Miguel came home, it would be a surprise.

After half an hour passed, he heard the bedroom door open and close. Benny faced the other way, staring out the window. 

"I'm back," Miguel said, stepping towards the bed, the weight shifting as he sat down. "Benny? Are you asleep?"

"Mm,, no.." Benny replied, shifting over to face Miguel. "Missed you.."

Miguel chuckled, wrapping his arms around Benny. "I missed you too... but why aren't you asleep?"

Benny shrugged leaning into Miguel's embrace, "Can't sleep."

Miguel hummed, running his fingers through Benny's hair. It was all messy and tangled.

Miguel looked on the bed, all the pillows had been moved around, and the sheets were twisted, indicating movement from Benny. But now, Benny seemed still in between Miguel's muscular arms. 

After a few moments though, Miguel felt Benny shift, looking up at him.

"Miggy, do you ever think... do you ever think that the canon events could've been... different..?" Benny asked, with a hint of exhaustion in the tone.

Miguel stayed silent for just a moment. "It.. has crossed my mind. Why?"

"Sometimes I just..." Benny gulped, "nevermind, it's stupid."

"You can talk to me if you need to, Benny. I'm not gonna judge you."

Benny inhaled, and exhaled, shifting back around so Miguel was spooning him, and he could look out the window. "Sometimes I think about it, what I could've done to... to save my baba and my sister, you know?" 

Benny could feel Miguel nod, so he continued. "I... I know we can't really change those kinds of events but... sometimes I just blame myself for them. I- I could've saved them." 

Benny stared out into the world outside the window. The dark night illuminated with the windows that were still bright, as well as the big neon sighs near the entrances of restaurants and big business companies.

"I understand how you feel." Miguel finally started, caressing Benny's back. "I think all of us at HQ think about what we could've done to change the story, what we could've done to change the past."

Miguel's hold on Benny tightened. "None of us deserved that. You didn't deserve that." Miguel felt Benny grab ahold of his hand. "I'm sorry you had to suffer so much. You're not alone though, remember that, mi araña." 

Benny nodded, feeling his eyelids get heavier each second that passes. "I could listen to you talk forever..." He silently blurts out.

Miguel blushed, but continued holding Benny close. "I love you, Bennito."

"I love you too, qinqin..."

Miguel couldn't tell what time it was. It was still dark out, but it had been long since he had arrived at Benny's apartment. He continued to work on mini hologram screens, tapping through them. 

Miguel looked down. Benny had fallen asleep a while ago. All Miguel could see was Benny snuggled up against him, with his hair just being a brown fluffy mess. Miguel leaned down, and kisses Benny's head.

=

626 Words

oog