// ❤️🖤 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬.

CW: description of wounds, loss, reader fucking dies, gabi also dies

=

**Husband!Reader

man gotta love fluff and then angst 📐

FAMILY, DOMESTIC LIFE Fluff

ABRUPT Angst

⚠️SPOILERS⚠️

[PROOFREAD-ish??]

=

{3rd Person POV}

Everyone has dreams.

Not just in the unconscious sense, but in the future sense too.

Gabi dreamed of becoming a soccer star.

"Gabriella!" Miguel enunciated, getting a fanny pack full of granola bars.

"Sí, papá!" Gabriella replied, hastily putting on her jersey. 

Gabriella rushed down the steps, letting [Name] tie up her hair into a ponytail.

"Gabi, did you put on sunscreen?" Miguel asked, holding up the spray-sunscreen.

"Yes, papá." Gabriella answered, giggling.

Once they all arrived to the soccer field, [Name] gave Gabi a pat on the shoulder. 

"You'll do great, Gabi. I know it." [Name] prompted.

Miguel held onto Gabi's hands. "Go kick their asses, querida. And if that girl Karen gives you trouble, push her outta the way."

Gabriella nodded, giggling. 

As she skipped away to practice, [Name] sighed. "You've raised a real fighter, huh?"

Miguel chuckled, "I couldn't have done it without you, mi amor."

[Name] blushed, grasping ahold of Miguel's hand as they looked for a place to sit and watch Gabi's game.

[Name] loved seeing Miguel so excited whenever it came to his daughter's soccer games. The way his eyes would light up every time she specifically scored a goal. He could tell Miguel loved his daughter so much.

30 seconds left on the clock. The player who had the ball was being blocked. They then saw Gabi  gesture to pass the ball. The player kicked the ball to her, and she ran, ran as fast as she could while keeping the ball with her. 

5 seconds left on the clock, and Gabi readies, and kicks.

The crowd cheered, Gabriella managed to get a goal at the last second, getting her team the win!

When Gabriella ran towards Miguel and [Name], giving them both a hug. 

"I'm so proud of you, Gabi!!" Miguel conveyed, tears rolling down his cheeks. 

"You did so good, Gabi!!" [Name] cried, his hold tightening around her.

As Miguel and [Name] packed up the things they had brought, an idea popped into Miguel's head.

"How about we celebrate, let's go get some ice cream!" Miguel proposed, beaming his smile that [Name] always loved.

[Name] dreamed of staying with Miguel forever.

As the three got home from their ice cream reward, they quickly got ready for bed.

Showering, brushing their teeth, getting into their pajamas, the usual routine when it comes to bedtime. [Name] walked into Gabi's room to find her and Miguel hugging each other.

[Name] walks to the side of Gabi's bed, giving her a hug too. "Goodnight, butterfly."

"Goodnight dad, goodnight papá." Gabi says as Miguel tucks her in.

[Name] collapsed into bed, snuggling into the sheets. Miguel laid next to him, cuddling him close to his broad frame. They could feel each other's breath and [Name] tightened his grip around Miguel.

Miguel looked down at [Name], fingers tangling in his hair.

"Are you alright?" Miguel asked, his eyes soft and his movements careful.

"I don't want to let go..." [Name] replied, nuzzling his face into the crook of Miguel's neck.

"Me neither," Miguel sighed, kissing his lover's cheek. "You're my world, mi vida.

The soft yellow glow of the lamp was the only thing illuminating them in the dark room.

Miguel's dream... what is Miguel's dream?

Miguel hobbled back to his platform, clutching his arm, as it had been previously wounded from the last anomaly he captured. He felt miserable, he felt... lonely. He felt he deserved this pain.

The blood seeped through his suit, and he felt himself shaking. Was it from the pain of his wounded arm? He was unsure. He needed some sort of relief, but he couldn't go to anyone.

Not anymore.

"LYLA," Miguel muttered, sucking his teeth at the sudden sharp pain. "Play... play the video."

"Miguel, you are in pain. Are you sure?"  LYLA asked, her yellow glow just barely illuminating the dimmed room.

"Just do it." Miguel growled.

The video of that day, the day that Gabi won the soccer game. It cut to a shaky camera, followed by Miguel's husband, or, used to be husband. 

"Is this working- okay it's working." [Name] said, then turning the camera towards Gabi and Miguel, who were both busy eating their ice cream.

They all looked so happy. A mere reflection of who Miguel was now.

Miguel laughed in the video, placing Gabi down from his shoulders, followed by [Name] pointing out there was some ice cream on his nose. Video Miguel chuckled, wiping it off his face.

The video ended with a shot of Miguel, [Name], and Gabriella, smiling together as Gabi held the trophy she earned.

Miguel chuckled, but felt the sharp pain in his arm again, frowning again as the video shut off. He sat in his own silence as he was left with his thoughts.

His dream, his dream was to have them back.

=

808 Words

ansgt 🔥