outed - chapter 1

a/n THANKS FOR READING! Let me know if it's good so I can write more to please you guys. >:)

a/n also Eavie is a made up place before I get comments complaining about the place.

1 year ago, Eavie, United Kingdom.

A bird peaked my interest as it nested in a tree outside. I couldn't tell you how much I wanted to be that bird. Distracted by nothing and being allowed to lay outside regardless of the responsibilities it had to do. Unfortunately, I wasn't a bird.

I didn't have wings. The closest I had to wings was my brown hair with bleached money shots, if that even counts. I didn't have time to relax. I was a student at one of the most prestigious schools in my town. Eavie's Academy. It was a large modern school, with a white and grey colour pallet that included the windows that went from head to toe. Our uniforms didn't stray away from this design either. You could take a picture of a corridor in our school, edit it into greyscale, and nothing would change. Us boys had to wear a grey blazer with black accents, white shirt, black and white tie, and light grey trousers. How's that for a dystopian school?

It wasn't a dystopian school though. My teacher suddenly walked over to me and was about to start speaking. Oh shit.

"Never knew it was acceptable to write 3 lines and clock out for the rest of the lesson, Layne."

"Sorry, sir." I said to my teacher, Mr Blanchard. He was relatively young, and he had black hair that was slowly beginning to recede, but nobody ever noticed as his blue eyes took the focus from the hair issue. Picking up my pen, I started writing before he walked away, then I put my pen back down and just zoned out for the remaining two minutes.

My ears felt like they were losing consciousness after how loud that bell rang, but every other part of my body decided to walk off and meet with... well.. my secret boyfriend who was my best friend who I once hated. It's complicated, and you don't need to know everything about my life. His name was Peter. It was basic but he wasn't. He was relatively short.. shorter than me for sure. His blonde hair and brown eyes gave me something to gaze upon before we even started to speak to each other in the loud and crowded monochrome corridor.

"So... Layne... you going to speak to me at all?" Peter asked, wanting to start conversation with me.

"Yeah I guess. I was just thinking about something." I responded, sounding slightly down.

"What was it?" Peter adjusted his hair as he asked me. "Were you thinking of me?"

"Peter. I told you we can't say this stuff out loud yet. I'm not out and I don't feel comfortable. Can we go outside and speak there?"

"Forget it." Peter then walked off, in some sort of mood. I wasn't sure what that was about, so I just decided to do what I'd normally do.

I met up with my other friends, Sien, Melanie, and Toronto. They all were in a trio before I met them, and I was officially part of their group. Seeing them outside, I practically ran towards them and wanted to catch up with them on everything, because none of them are in the same classes as me. We sat on the green hill, something that actually had some sort of colour that wasn't a shade of white, grey, or black, and relaxed.

"Anyways, Layne, how was your lesson? Did you miss us?" Sien asked, his dark brown hair flowing in the distance.

"It was fine.. but boring. I like zoned out for most of it and then my teacher told me off, so that was fun." I responded softly, as we all laughed.

"Holy fuck, is that Peter?" Melanie said as she pointed.

"Don't make it obvi we're talking about him. Ugh." Toronto pushed Melanie's hand down.