winning! - chapter 5

I think after everything that's happened to me; I'm winning in life.

Well, I mean, I've probably just had the craziest two days in my life. Let me remind you. I suddenly get outed by my ex-best friend, my own friends turn on me out of bitter pettiness, I lose my boyfriend, it turns out he was the one who outed me, and I fought back against the biggest dickwad alive?

I was winning. And even if something wasn't going in my favour, I'd switch it around. I had friends again. Well, I had Noelle, and even though I knew her for less than a day, it was better then anybody I had previously.

16:47, Layne's Bedroom, Eavie, UK

'but can I ask you one thing layne?' De-yun texted me, and I was curious for what he was going to say. I responded, but he left me on delivered. I waited for his reply, but after a while, I put my phone on my wireless charger and took a nap. My mind slowly faded into a calm, deep, clean slate as I drifted....

6:47, 17 Eunice Hill Road, Eavie, UK

..... to sleep. I had forgotten to wake up from my nap and slept like a bird for almost 14 hours. The only thing that reminded me to wake up was my phone alarm ringing for me to wake up, and that's when I regretted taking the nap.

Putting on my stylistically challenged uniform as I brushed my hair, reminding me that I still need to get my roots done, I took my phone off it's charger, put my laptop into my bag and left the house, forgetting to eat breakfast.

Can you believe how much has happened over the past week? Neither can I. But as I said earlier, it's fine. I'm winning? I don't even know myself. These thoughts plagued my mind until my bus arrived at school, and I walked in whilst making sure I looked decent. In the morning, there's pretty much nothing to do at school besides go to the library or wait until tutor time. I decided to go with Option A, so my legs walked to the school library where I saw Noelle. She was the only person I wanted to see at that moment, considering that almost everyone else just jumped on the train of disliking me. I sat in next to Noelle, in the plastic pastel blue seats that seemed to be the only source of colour in the whole school, whilst getting my laptop out of my bag.

"Hey, Noelle." I ecstatically said to Noelle, who was reading a book whilst zoning out.

"LAYNE!!!" Noelle screamed, before realising that we were both in a library. "Is that the new one?"

"New what?" I asked. "Oh, you mean my MacBook? Yeah, it's a Christmas present."

"Anyways can I have a De-yun update?" Noelle asked, preparing to laugh.

"Stop laughing! He texted me so..." I responded, excited as I brushed my hair with my hands.

"Like when?" Noelle asked, whilst trying to sit comfortably on our school's very uncomfortable plastic blue chairs.

"Kay, so like. I responded to him, and he just didn't re-" I tried to explain.

"TOLD YOU! Sorry." Noelle interrupted, whilst I looked pissed off, because you know; I was.

"But like that's enough about my life. What about yours?" I asked, attentively because this whole time, I only knew small parts of Noelle's life. As we sat together, I noticed that boy walk in. De-yun. That was like the second time I saw him by himself, considering he was probably becoming Langley's best friend.

"Wait, nobody comes here. Why is he her-" I contemplated before I was interrupted yet again.

"He came for you." Noelle whispered. "Enjoy your Heartstopper moment."

"Enough!" I cried back to her, whilst she laughed softly.

"Hi, Layne. I'm sorry for not responding yesterday, my mum took my phone. But I wanted to ask-" De-yun said, but as he was speaking, the obnoxious loud bell rang over him and interrupted him.