noelle's story - chapter 6

Tw: suicide, mentions of suicide, sa, and mentions of sa (if you are sensitive to these topics please skip this chapter.)

"Wait, Noelle, what do you mean?" I asked her.

Noelle's perspective.

The moment Layne asked me that, I realised I said too much. I just had it all bottled up. I didn't know what to say or what to do, but De-yun deserved it.

5 months ago, Harfield Summit School, UK

Do you know how shitty he made my life? De-yun dated Lana, but I didn't want to tell anybody because I wanted to forget it all.

Let me start off with a typical day at my old school. Harfield Summit School had light brown bricks encasing the ugly personalities of everybody inside.

It was 8:15, and I took a deep breath before walking in. I felt the eyes all over me as I navigated throughout the school, noticing the light blue colour scheme of the inside corridors. After finding my class, I walked to the back of the classroom, being semi-blinded by fluorescent lights, as I sat at the back. My first lesson for that day, English, was hell. I had Lana and De-yun in front of me with some other people that stayed at my old school. Their names were Kaiden, Mitch, and Sydney. Kaiden was mixed race, 5'5, and had black hair with glasses. You may think he was an innocent nerdy boy, but he was the exact same as the rest of them in the end. Mitch was white, he was tall, and took almost every single sporty extracurricular possible. Sydney was like the catalyst for all their shit. She had dirty blonde hair, which matched her dirty personality, and was dating Mitch.

You see, that day, 5 months ago, was one of the worst days of my life. I was already dealing with the fallout of Lana doing what she did to me, but that English lesson, was just.

"So, like Noelle, I'm curious." De-yun asked, whilst I was writing in my book. "Noelle?"

"Yes?" I responded, obviously busy with my work.

"You know how you're like, a lesbian, do you like use a strap on or??" De-yun asked, he laughed at me as he spoke.

"Aww babe, be nice to her! Lesbians have feelings too!" Lana said to De-yun as they both laughed about me together. It felt so awkward, being the whole topic of a conversation, but I decided to not pay it any thought as I continued with my schoolwork.

5 minutes later, I was still writing and paying attention to my teacher as Mitch tapped me on the shoulder, wanting to speak to me.

"What?" I asked him as he prepared to speak.

"Noelle, you're a very pretty girl. You know that right?" Mitch asked me, as if I didn't already know my own self-worth. "Regardless. You're not lesbian, you just haven't found the right guy yet."

"What?" I thought he was joking, but even then, it wasn't funny. "I'm confused."

"You're too pretty to like girls, you know that right?" Mitch asked me, but I couldn't respond. "Hello? Noelle?"

"Yes? I didn't really ask for your opinion on my life." I told Mitch as I continued focusing on my schoolwork. Mitch and I went back and forth that whole lesson as he tried arguing with me. The bell rung, so I stood up from my seat, but Kaiden approached me and tried to start a conversation.

"Noelle." He said, but I thought he was going to say something like Mitch, De-yun, or Lana. "I heard about everything that happened to you. Do you need someone to support you?"

A few minutes later.

Me and Kaiden went to the sports hall as we both sat down on our coats as we appreciated the colour my old school had. The sports hall was a mix of almost every single colour, with some decorations from the art students setting the mood.