everlasting loneliness - chapter 2

It felt fucking horrible being exposed like that, to everyone. As you already know, my friends all abandoned me because they felt 'betrayed' that I was dating Peter.

5th May, 17 Eunice Hill Road

My alarm blared through my ears as I struggled to wake up. It was the 5th of May, but no matter the date, I was dreading school.. again. But if I didn't want to go, I'd be forced out of my bed, and I knew that. So, I stood up, out of my bed and put on my uniform, before eating a piece of toast, and then leaving my house.

The sun was angry with me that day, so it blared into my eyes.. but I decided to embrace the sunlight I was getting as I put a pep in my step towards the bus stop with joy. Going towards Meridian Road, I realised that I needed to speed it up even more if I didn't want to miss the bus. I had a bus pass for once, so I didn't have to worry about that. Walking towards the stairs on the bus, I noticed the vivid interior and fluorescent white lights. For some reason, the back of the bus called for me to sit there, so I did.

And.. 8 minutes later, I saw someone very special. My heart suddenly lit up and opened. He was just so attractive, walking with almost no care towards one of the seats upstairs. He was brownskin, luscious brown eyes, tall figure, and amazing hair. It was like I was being sent somebody perfect for me. Before.. I heard something I was dreading.

A girl moved towards me and sat near me but not next to me. "He's straight." That girl whispered to me. She had brown hair that was medium length, olive eyes, and blushed slightly whilst speaking.

"Sorry?" I responded.

"Me and him go used to go to the same school, and now we're both moving here. He's straight. And homophobic."

"Oh, but I wasn't pursuing him romantically."

"Yes you were. I have gaydar that is always accurate, no matter what."

"You do?" I spoke over the bus's chugging motors.

"Yeah.. but it's nice to speak to someone who's a part of the community. I'm Noelle."

"Are you.. you know.."

"Yes. I'm lesbian, and honestly I'm moving to your school because I came out and people like.." Noelle didn't say names, but she pointed at the guy from earlier intensively. ".. were being extremely homophobic. I couldn't even use the bathroom in peace."

"I'm so sorry.." I spoke. Noelle wasn't the only person who had a story to tell.. but the difference is I was trying to forget all of this. Noelle, for some odd reason, was embracing her real self.

"It's fine! Don't be sorry. What's your experience though?" Noelle asked, she looked like she was about to intensively listen.

"Got outed.. and then my friends abandoned me. I hate the way my life has been done." I confided in Noelle. But then I looked at the boy from earlier. "What's his name?"

Noelle laughed before she decided to speak again. "His name is-.. I probably should be whispering." She moved closer before whispering. "His name is De-yun. What's yours?"

"Layne, but lowkey.." I whispered. "De-yun? Damn. Not what I was expec-"I suddenly noticed the fact that the bus was about to arrive at our school, as I nudged Noelle on the shoulder. "We're here, Noelle."

Me and Noelle rushed off the bus and walked to school. We didn't really talk but we appreciated the fact that we were platonically safe with each other, until we walked into the hell that was Eavie's Academy. My ears were once again losing consciousness from the screaming bells, as I walked through the monochrome corridors to my tutor.