stir the pot - chapter 4

Someone very wise once told me that violence isn't the answer. Us humans are supposed to resolve everything verbally. Not physically.

If only I listened.

3 hours ago, Eavie's Academy, UK

My ex best-friend, Langley Kingston, and his new crew walked over to me as Noelle was comforting me. I mean, I needed all the support I could get right now. Maybe Langley was there to apologise for everything because he was shocked about what Peter did. Maybe he overheard and thought that it went too far, that our feud should end.

"Hey fag." Langley said as the rest of them laughed. I just sat in silence as I was still shocked after everything Peter did to me. "Does it feel nice to have betrayed your boyfriend?"

"He didn't fucking betray him." Noelle came to my defence. "Can you leave him alone, you insufferable piece of shit? Can't you see the state he's in? You and Peter may have thrived over Layne's downfall, but can't you just leave it at that?"

"That's so cute. I don't even know your name, and you're coming after me. You know everything about me.." Langley approached Noelle ".. but I know nothing about you."

"She's Noelle." A voice said. That same voice was brownskin, with brown eyes, and a tall figure. De-yun. I guess Noelle wasn't lying when she said she met him before. "She moved schools because she was being bullied." He laughed slyly, as Noelle gave him a death glare, almost as if she wanted him to skip past a detail.

"Why was she being bullied?" Langley asked, preparing to laugh.

"Well, erm.." De-yun spoke as Noelle's body language slowly changed from soft to furious. "It's something private. I don't think it's right for me to tell you guys."

That's odd. I honestly thought Langley's friends were all insufferable pricks.

"You thought what?" Langley asked me. Shit. Did I say that out loud?

"Oops." I unapologetically said. Even though I didn't mean to say that I still meant every word. Clearly, Langley took offence, considering the fact that he pinned me to the wall in anger.

"Are you going to cry again, like the last time I threw you against this wall?" Langley asked, mockingly. But then, it all started rushing through my head. That time he pushed me against the wall when Peter wasn't in. The time he tried pushing me outside the school. The café. His constant problem with me whether if I go to the right, or to the left, or in any other direction. Was I really going to let myself be a victim like I was all those previous times? Was I going to do tha-

SLAP! I hit Langley across the face as he screamed in pain. Holy shit. That felt so good. The high from that one slap faded, so I slapped him across the face again. He ran away in pain as the rest of his deck followed him, supporting their leader.

"LAYNE!" Noelle screamed in excitement. "WHAT THE FUCK?"

"I was just thinking of all the times he fucked me over. Everything he did. And it just hit me. I sho-"

"Actually, you hit him, but continue."

"I shouldn't let this parasitic rat control my life anymore. It's time to switch it up."

"How did it feel? Hitting him." Noelle asked.

"It felt, it felt good." I responded. I sat back down on the bench with Noelle, and we just took a breather to reflect on what just happened.

"Holy shit, they're coming over." Noelle whispered to me, whilst discreetly pointing out the fact that Sien, Toronto, Melanie, and my ex Peter, was walking over to the bench. "It's time to stir."