Chapter 1

Chapter 1

You just arrived at the Phantomhive Manor with your best friend Elizabeth Midford.  She insisted you come along to meet her beloved fiancé Ciel Phantomhive. Little did she know you two had already met, you would look after the local stray cats in town. Leaving them milk and tending to their injuries due to fighting.  One day you stumbled across Sebastian petting a little black kitten you had grown especially close too. Both of you being cat lovers, you had an instant connection and Sebastian took quite a liking to you. He had to bring you to meet his young master.  Ciel had taken quite a liking to you too which surprised him greatly, you would keep him company while he worked on his cases, play chess with him even though you weren’t very good at it, and would sit in the garden sipping tea and making small talk. But every time Ciel would come to talk to you, he would notice Sebastian watching even more closely than usual, with a ghost of a smile on his usually devious smirking face. Ciel knew from the moment you walked through that door, arm hooked around Sebastian’s, both of you laughing together, he knew, he knew that Sebastian was definitely up to something. He just couldn’t figure out what.

“____! Stop your day dreaming! We’re here! Oh I can’t wait for you to meet Ciel!” Elizabeth had that same love struck face on as usual as she talked about Ciel. You couldn’t help but feel a little sad about the fact that she was engaged to Ciel. You were happy for both of your friends to be united like that, you just wished it to be you marrying Ciel Phantomhive.

“Oh but Lizzy! You don’t understand, Ciel and I have already-“  You got cut off by the carriage doors swinging open to the smiling face of Sebastian.

Lizzy sprung out of the carriage and rushed up to the doors of the mansion, without even a second glance towards Sebastian. Paula quickly following after her.

You smiled at Sebastian as he gently helped you out of the carriage. Even though he wasn’t too keen on humans, he had a soft spot for a fellow cat lover like yourself.

“ Good evening Lady ____, it’s great to see you again.” You smiled at Sebastian as he hooked his arm through yours and guided you towards the manor.

“Hello Sebastian, it’s great to see you again too, I have missed you” You tell him with a smile on your face.  He softly smiles back as he leads you towards Ciel’s study, most likely where Lizzy has ran off to.

Sebastian opens the door to the study to reveal Lizzy hugging Ciel tightly. You felt your stomach drop, as well as your hope of ever gaining Ciel’s affections. As soon as Ciel’s eye locks with yours he abruptly pushes Lizzy away and makes his way towards you with a tiny smile on his face.

“Lady ____, it’s a pleasure to see you again” Ciel takes your hand in his and brings it up to his lips to place a soft kiss on your knuckles. You feel little butterflies in your stomach and giggle softly. Lizzy stares at the two of you dumbstruck. She can’t help but feel a small amount of jealousy. Ciel never greets her like that. She quickly brushes it off as she rushes over to the two of you.

“You two know each other?” She asks, with her green eyes shining. She’s happy that her best friend and her fiancé clearly get along well.

“Yes, I met ____ on the streets, tending to those beautiful strays. I have never met such a charming young lady and simply had to bring her to meet my young master” Said Sebastian, gently taking your hand and placing a kiss on it. Your face turned bright red, and Sebastian could feel his master’s ocean blue eye piercing through him in a glare. Sebastian smirked in response and shot you a wink, which cause you to turn an even darker shade of red. Elizabeth giggled at the scene in front of her, thinking it was cute, all the while Ciel had an even more sour look on his face then usual and was clearly not amused. Ciel cleared his throat gaining everyone’s attention. 

Lizzy quickly snapped out of her day dreaming and giggled cutely. “Oh yes, ____ has always been quite the cat lover! I can see why she hit it off with you so quickly Sebastian!”

Sebastian turned to you and smiled, while Ciel glared at Sebastian with a deadly scowl on his face. You smiled back at Sebastian while Ciel cleared his throat.

“Elizabeth how long will you and Lady ____ be staying?”

 (Author's Note: I do not own Black Butler, the characters, pictures or you. All pictures and characters belong to their rightful owners and you belong to you. Unless a hot demon buter is after your soul ;) )