Chapter 12

You couldn’t help noticing Sebastian was avoiding you for the past couple of days. He wouldn’t come anywhere near you, he wouldn’t even look you in the eye. At dinner he would have Mey-Rin serve you your food, which she had spilled all over you on more than one occasion. Ciel would smirk triumphantly when he noticed Sebastian stare at you longingly when you weren’t looking.  You were still mad at him. You would avoid him too. That did not make the young Earl very pleased at all.

You decided that you were going to confront Sebastian. He wouldn’t even serve you your meals and that was really worrying you. You found him out in the gardens, staring absentmindedly at the roses.

“Sebastian what is going on?” You said softly while rushing over to him.

He didn’t even turn around to look at you. “Ah, Lady ____, I’m sorry but I don’t think I will be able to help you with whatever it is you need, as I have some business to attend to. Please ask one of the other servants; I’m sure they would be happy to assist you.” He spoke seriously, in more of his monotone than usual.

You didn’t understand. Sebastian was so sweet and caring; suddenly he didn’t have the time of day for you. You couldn’t let him run away, you needed answers.

He still wouldn’t look at you as he turned around to leave. You quickly grabbed his wrist to stop him from moving any further away from you.

“Please Sebastian, no more running! Why are you avoiding me?” You whimpered, tears threatening to spill.

Sebastian slowly and hesitantly turned around to face you. You stared up at his blank and serious face. He stared back at you but as soon as he looked at you his eyes softened. He took you into his arms and hugged you tightly against him while he stroked your hair.

“I’m just simply following orders my dear.” He whispered. You could’ve sworn you heard a hint of sadness in his voice.

You tensed up when you registered what he had just said. You pulled away from him just enough to look into his eyes.

“Ciel did this? But why?”  You asked sadly. On the inside you were furious. How dare he! Why would he do such a thing? He had Lizzy wasn’t that enough. You did love him, you truly did, but he said it himself that he didn’t return those feelings, and doing something like this was unforgiveable.

Sebastian sighed before answering. “I assume he’s jealous my Lady. After your little argument with him he hasn’t been quite himself and you and I have grown exceptionally close. I imagine he wouldn’t like that very much, and the young master tends to act irrationally and without thinking when he is upset.” Sebastian says with a soft sigh.

You sighed and hugged Sebastian. “Thank you Sebastian.”

He hugged you back and it was silent for a moment. You pulled back to look at him.

“Ciel ordered you to stay away from me, he never said I couldn't come and see you.” You said with a smirk.

Sebastian smirked back. Just what he loved about you, you were cunning and devious but you could also be sweet and kind. Just like a cat.

You leaned up and kissed him on the cheek before scurrying off back inside the manor.

“See you later Sebastian!” You called over your shoulder.

“Farewell my Lady” he whispered, smiling to himself before turning to the roses. He studied the beautiful roses. The strong vibrant red ones, the gentle and soft white ones, the delicate and petite pink ones and the beautiful sweet lilac ones.  He frowned as his gaze shifted back to the direction you ran off to.

“I forgot to give her, her rose.” Sebastian murmured with a sigh, pulling out the beautiful black rose from his coat.

“What a shame.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You reached the door of Ciel’s study; you didn’t bother knocking and just barged straight in there. Ciel jumped from the sudden intrusion and his eyes widened to see that it was you. He stood up and made his way around the desk. You stared at him, you were angry at him for ordering Sebastian to stay away from you. You were angry at him for hurting your feelings, but the second you looked into his beautiful single blue eye all that anger just melted away and was replaced by sadness. You never once wondered how he felt about all this. He must have been angry and hurt. You ignored and avoided him and you knew that was wrong of you. You knew Ciel and Sebastian were both battling for your affections, but you cared for them both. And poor Lizzy, Ciel didn’t return her feelings and she was completely oblivious of the battle between the young Earl and his butler. The guilt suddenly hit you like a ton of bricks.

“Lady ____ what are you-“He was cut off as you hugged him tightly. His eyes widened in surprise and he hesitated for a second before hugging you back tightly, resting his chin on your head.

“I’m sorry Ciel.” You whispered, snuggling yourself closer to him.

“I’m sorry too ____. I got jealous of the attention you were giving Sebastian and weren’t giving me. I said things I didn’t mean and I acted irrationally, I am truly very sorry.” Ciel spoke softly, but still with a tone of authority that made you giggle soflty.

You moved back a little in Ciel’s arms so that you could see his face.

“Must you always be so formal Ciel” You said, poking your tongue out at the boy playfully.

He smiled at you. A genuine smile. You had never seen Ciel truly smile before and it was absolutely beautiful. It brightened up his features and made him look much more gentle and happy. He pulled you against him and rested his forehead on yours. He laughed gently, his breath tickling your lips making you giggle. You stared up into his one blue eye. It was shining brightly reflecting his happiness and complimenting his beautiful smile.

“I’m sorry ____. Could you ever forgive me?” He whispered gently, still smiling softly at you.

He slowly started leaning forward. He was going to kiss you. What do you do? Do you kiss him back? You knew you wanted to, but what about Lizzy? What about Sebastian?

All of your thoughts flew out the window as soon as Ciel’s soft lips touched yours. You kissed him back gently. Your lips moving together in perfect sync, as if both of your lips were made for each other. As if you and Ciel were made for each other. You couldn’t help but let your thoughts wonder back to kissing Sebastian. Kissing Ciel was very different from kissing Sebastian. Sebastian’s kisses were gentle and slow as if not to hurt you, even though you knew he was holding back. He was a demon after all. Ciel’s kisses were faster and he was more dominant but his kisses were still loving and sweet. What confused you the most was that kissing both of them felt right. You loved them both, but who did you love more? You didn’t want to think about it right now. You quickly snapped out of your thoughts and focused on kissing Ciel. Your arms snaked up his chest and around his neck as his arms tightened around your waist.

A soft gasp interrupted your make out session. You both quickly pulled away and turned to face who had interrupted. Both yours and Ciel’s eyes widened in horror when they fell on the intruder.

‘Uh oh...’