Chapter 15

You were currently sitting with Alois’ study, chatting and sipping tea. The Trancy Manor was nice, Alois was strange but he was very nice to you. You became fast friends with Hannah, much to Alois’ disappointment, and became fairly close with the triplets, helping them out however you could. Claude was a different story, he was creepy. He got in your personal space and you always found him watching you very closely. Too closely. You didn’t like it. You knew he was a demon, you knew that all the servants were demons and you still got along with them, but not Claude. Definitely not Claude. He hardly spoke to you and you preferred it that way. If only you could get him to stop that creepy staring habit of his. Overall you enjoyed being at the Trancy Manor, but it could never compare to the Phantomhive Manor. That was a place your heart held dear.

A knock at the door snapped you out of your thoughts, it also made Alois stop mid-conversation. Not that you were listening anyway, you were too caught up in your thoughts.

“What is it Claude?! I was talking to ____!” Alois snapped.

“It appears we have visitors your highness.” Claude said, a ghost of a smirk crossing his face before vanishing without a trace of it even being there in the first place.

Alois seemed to have caught it though, as a devious grin spread across his face. He looked towards you and that grin seemed to stretch even more.

Well ____, shall we?” Alois said, holding his arm out to link with yours.

You were hesitant. You didn’t like the look on his face, it scared you, it meant he knew something you didn’t. Claude showing any sort of emotion was downright unnerving, even if it lasted for a fraction of a second. You knew something big was about to go down.

You hesitantly linked your arm with Alois’ and followed Claude out the door. The walk to the main room was silent which made you even more nervous. Alois always had something to say, walking somewhere with him always had some sort of chatter involved, but here he was, silent as ever, staring ahead with that creepy looking grin still plastered to his face. Claude wasn’t helping yours nerves either, with the creepy stares and smirks he gave you.

You reached the main room and what you saw shocked you. Or more like who. A certain eye patch wearing boy and his mysterious butler where standing there. You gasped and covered your mouth with the hand that wasn’t around Alois’ arm.

Ocean blue and blood red eyes snapped to your direction and locked on your form. You turned your head away and you averted your eyes avoiding there stares. They had found you. You couldn’t believe it. You thought they would never find you, that you were hidden so well. But there they were, standing in front of you and you couldn’t even bring yourself to look at them.

Ciel’s gaze switched from your face, which he couldn’t see very well because you wouldn’t look at him, to your arm that was wrapped around Alois’. Hurt and anger showed clear in his single blue eye. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, tearing his gaze away from you and turning to look at Alois dead in the eye.

Sebastian saw your arm wrapped around Alois’. It did pain him to see it but he hadn’t shown it like his master. Anger was etched into his angelic features and he directed it at both Alois and Claude. This made Claude’s barely visible smirk as clear as day.