Chapter 5

Ever since they returned to the Phantomhive household Ciel couldn’t stop sneezing, he would stay in his study and only come out for dinner. ____ could hear the sneezing from her bedroom down the hall. It was worrying her greatly. Sebastian was very pleased that the young master was out of the picture for the time being, but was not very happy with the amount of worry ____ showed for the boy.

____ scurried down the hall quickly and knocked on the door to the study.

“Ciel? Are you alright?” Worry clouded her words as she spoke to him through the door.

“I’m perfectly fine ____! Just a little busy!” He answered, followed by another sneeze.

____ didn’t believe a word of that and shoved the door open and walked into the study.

There sat Ciel with his handkerchief, sneezing and coughing. He didn’t seem very well. Ever since Jasper came home with them he didn’t seem very well.

“Ciel are you sure you’re alright? You don’t seem very well. Do you have a temperature?” ____ rushed over to Ciel and placed a hand on his forehead. Ciel’s face heated up in a blush at ____’s touch.

“Oh no! Ciel your face is all red! Would you like a glass of water?” ____ asked, concern written all over her face.

“ No ____, I’m fine.” Ciel said with a sigh. He gently pushed ____’s hand away and stared out the window.
____ watched him for a few moments, before walking over and sitting across from him at his large wooden desk.

“Is there something wrong Ciel?” ____ asked as she put her hand on the desk and let it rest there.

Ciel sighed before tearing his gaze from the window. He stared into her (e/c) eyes with his single ocean blue one. He sighed again before beginning to speak.

“I’m allergic to cats ____” Ciel said before taking her hand resting on the desk, into his own. He didn’t realize that he had grabbed her hand until he snapped out of the daze that her beautiful (e/c) eyes had him trapped in. Even after snapping out of his trance, he couldn’t bring himself to let her hand go. Her hand in his felt so right, they fit together like a pair of puzzle pieces. Like they were made for each other. He never once felt this way with Elizabeth. He loved Lizzy, just not the way she wanted.

____ stared at Ciel in sadness. A sad smile graced her face as she squeezed his hand gently.

“Oh Ciel, why didn’t you tell me?”

Ciel smiled gently at the girl before him and began stroking the back of her hand with his thumb. You stared into his beautiful blue eye again, it was amazing how you could get so lost in just one of his eyes. You could stare into it forever, they say the eyes are the window to the soul. You can see so much emotion in a person's eyes but Ciel, he was something special. As much as he tried to hide all his emotions his eyes said it all. But right now you weren't focusing on his eyes, you were focusing on his lips.

“I could see how much you cared for Jasper, I could see how much you loved him and I could see how happy he made you.” Ciel said, both of your faces inching towards each other’s.

“I want to make you happy like he does” Your faces got even closer.

“I want you to care for me like you do for him” Ciel whispered. You could feel his breath on your lips.

Ciel’s voice suddenly took on a husky edge. “I want you to love me like you love him” He whispered huskily.

Your lips had just touched when the door burst open.

“CIEEEEEEEEEL!!”

You and Ciel flung away from each other and back into your seats, scooting as far away from each other as possible. You both swung your heads around and looked towards the doorway.

Standing there was Lizzy.

I don't own the pictures or characters or you. All characters and pictures used belong to their rightful owners, and you belong to you. Unless a hot demon butler is after your soul of course ;)