001. daydreams

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ forever and always.

001. daydreams 

。☆✼★ STELLA CONKLIN'S POV. ★✼☆。

I was laying out in the sun on the pool chairs with my eyes closed, savouring the last moments of summer i had left before it was gone. 

Conrad had disappeared, having been laying down right next to me moments ago. He mentioned going for a surf,  and asked me to join. I nicely declined and had almost fallen asleep until i feel wet droplets on my face. 

I open my eyes to see Conrad shaking his ocean soaked hair. I reach my arm up to play with the strands falling loose around his face, those few curls that were so defined. He smiles before leaning down and touching the infinity necklace around my neck. One he had given me for my birthday this year.

To signify that we were infinite, that we love and care for each other forever and always.

"You're back," i smile.

"I'm back," he smiles back before leaning down, with his hands resting on my hips, connecting our lips in a love-filled kiss. 

"I get it, you guys are into each other," Jeremiah laughs from beside us. Startling me a little, not expecting him to be standing right there. 

"Oh, don't be jealous Jere."

I look over to see Susannah standing there smiling at us holding a jug, "Don't listen to him, you guys are perfect together." Conrad laughs in agreement with his mother before kissing me softly one more time before sitting down on the pool chair with me. 

This almost feels too good to be true. Even though it was. 

𓆩*𓆪

I get snapped out of my daydream by Steven slamming his locker shut in the hallway of our high school. It was end of last period, the day before summer, my last day of senior year. This year was different than the last. We weren't going to cousins, my relationship was falling apart, and Susannah was gone. Nothing was ever going to be the same again. 

Conrad and i had been distant recently, and i can't grasp why. I understand everyone's grieving, especially Conrad. Losing your mother is enough to change your whole world and perspective on life. I just hope he isn't shutting me out. My heart shatters a little each time i see the read after the texts i send with no reply, i almost call him every time, but then i second guess it. He's probably busy with college, with no time left to spare for his girlfriend, who's still in high school. 

I got a full-ride scholarship to attend Stanford in the fall, after filling out my application with Susannah on one of my many visits to Boston since last summer, which was usually on my own. My mother would travel on her own, and Belly had a short-lived relationship with Jeremiah that fell through. But she came to see Susannah from time to time, mainly opting for a private face-time call. 

I was leaning up against the locker next to Steven's, the one that separated mine from his. I was going to miss that in College, we weren't going to the same school like we planned. I didn't get into Princeton, Steven did. I had applied, we both did at the same time. It had been our dream our whole lives to attend college together, but it just wasn't meant to be. I was happy to be honouring Susannah's wish by going to Stanford,