002. the moment i knew

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ forever and always.

002. the moment i knew

。☆✼★ STELLA CONKLIN'S POV. ★✼☆。

"We should already be in the car!" I hear mum yell from downstairs. I put the final touches on my makeup, and smoothing out any wrinkles on the baby blue dress Susannah bought me for my birthday.

Steven walks into my room, looking at himself in the mirror before yelling, "Coming!"

We meet Belly at the top of the staircase as we head downstairs. 

"Hey, Stella?" Belly asks. Making me stop as i pull the chair out to sit down and turn around to face her. 

"Yeah?"

"Is this okay?"

I smile at her, "You look beautiful bells."

My mother scavenges around the table, looking for something she'd lost, "I swear I left the tickets here."

The door bell chimes, Belly walks to the door.

"I thought your father was meeting us there," Mum says sighing, "Shoot i forgot to make the reservation for lunch

"Yeah, i figured, so i did it," Belly says as Steven walks into the kitchen. 

"They're not gonna start without me. We've got time."

Mum sighs and shakes her head, "I was supposed to iron that shirt for you, and Stella your dress is wrinkled at the bottom," she points at me. 

I had spent the last hour steaming and ironing this dress, it was wrinkly. I wanted to make sure i looked good for Susannah, so i brushed the comment off and stared off into space. 

𓆩*𓆪

It was the morning of my 18th birthday, Steven and i were eating our traditional birthday breakfast; bacon and pancakes with maple syrup and berries. Which is what we had eaten every year for our birthdays, and will continue to forever. A crisp February morning had us in our favourite winter pyjamas and planning to eat in front of the fire place. 

As Steven was cooking the last strips of the bacon in the pan, the door bell chimes. Mum and Belly had gone out to grab some last minute things just over an hour ago, it being a Saturday morning, we thought nothing of it. 

"I'll get it chef," I salute to Steven before walking to our front door. 

I open it to see my boyfriend and Susannah standing there with two bouquet's of flowers and gift bags in their hands and huge smiles on their faces. With Mum and Belly behind them yelling, "Surprise!"