005. back to cousins beach

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ forever and always.

005. back to cousins beach

。☆✼★ STELLA CONKLIN'S POV. ★✼☆。

The drive so far had been relatively silent. The sound of Taylor Swift playing in the background after i connected my phone and shuffled her playlist. Jeremiah refused to let me drive some of the way, i just wanted to help him out more. But he remained adamant he could drive, so i've had a nap and scrolled on TikTok for a bit. 

Out of nowhere Jere clears his throat, "You okay, Jere?"

He nods and stays silent for a second, "Uh, have you talked to Belly today?"

I look over at him, "Just when i left the house and dodged all her questions. Why?"

He shakes his head, "Oh nothing just wondering."

I squeeze his hand, "I don't know what happened between you two but i know you both miss each other. So when you're ready give her a call, okay?"

He looks at me for a second and sends me a small smile before turning back to look at the road in front of us. Neither of us say anything after that. I roll the window down and lay my head down on the windowsill, and just think about everything that's happened this past week, or month. 

Losing Susannah left a hole in everyone's worlds, especially her boys. I say goodnight to her when i see her picture that's sitting in a frame she chose on my nightstand. I was planning to get her handwriting tattooed on my wrist soon, i gathered up all my birthday cards and the letters she'd sent me. I just had to decide what to get.

Conrad and I were going to get matching ones for her, but that idea hasn't been brought up since she passed. But i still thought it would be nice to honour her that way, she was with me forever. 

I'm soon interrupted by Steven's annoying ringtone blaring through the car speakers. I quickly hit the red decline button and sit back in my chair. I wasn't ready to speak to him yet, not after last night. 

"Why'd you decline Steven?" Jere asks, confusion evident in his tone. 

I sit still in my chair, looking out at the road, "I'll call him later."

"You never decline his calls, what's going on Stells?" Jere asks, squeezing my hand. 

"We just had a fight yesterday, at his party. It was stupid," I say trying to get Jere to drop it.

"Well when you're ready to tell me about it i'm all ears," Jere smiles, making me laugh softly at him.

𓆩*𓆪

"On a scale from one to ten, how much trouble do you think we'll be in when they find out we're gone?" Conrad asks, holding my hand and tracing his fingers over my knuckles.

I look up at him, lovingly. Almost forgetting to answer him, "Oh, i'm not getting into any trouble. I'm telling everyone you kidnapped me."

Conrad laughs, "What? Please. You jumped at the chance."

I bring his hand up to my lips and press a small kiss on our intertwined fingers, "Yeah, only because I've never seen a snowy beach."

"Me either," Conrad looks over at me before looking back at the road, "Last time i checked the weather out, there was only a 30% chance of flurries, but hopefully we'll get lucky."

𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘼𝙇𝙒𝘼𝙔𝙎, conrad fisher ²जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें