008. good or bad news?

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ forever and always.

008. good or bad news?

。☆✼★ STELLA CONKLIN'S POV. ★✼☆。

After spending an hour alone upstairs, Jeremiah came to get me when it was time for them to call their dad. Conrad gestures for me to sit on his lap, which i do. 

"Dad should be calling soon." He says, resting his hands on my hips as he spoke.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure you don't want to talk to him without me? I can go finish reading my book," I say pointing back upstairs. But Conrad shakes his head and holds me down as if i'd run off right now.

"No, stay please." I nod at Conrad and looking across the table at Jeremiah. "Plus, it's your house just as much as it is ours, Ell.

Conrad reaches around me as his Dad's contact flashes on the screen. I hear Conrad take a deep breathe before sliding the answer button across and putting it on speaker in the middle of the table.

"Dad, hey." Conrad starts.

"Hey, Con. I only got about a few minutes here." Adam says through the phone.

"Hey, Dad." Jeremiah makes himself known to his father.

"Jere? You're in Cousins, too?"

"Yeah, just got here last night."

"Stella's here too," Conrad says, rubbing circles on the sides of my hips.

"Hi Mr Fisher," I say quietly.

"Alright look, I got a heads-up from the bank telling me you're trying to access your trust. That's not gonna happen." 

Everyone's hearts collectively drop into our stomach's.

"So you've already made up your mind?"

"Yeah. I mean, that money is for your future. I'm not gonna let you blow it on a beach house."

I jump in before the boys could, "With all due respect Mr Fisher, it's not just a beach house."

"You want me to beg, Dad? Cause I will. I'll do whatever you want ⎯"

𓆩*𓆪

The call came early in the morning. The news that my godmother was put of pain, was relieving and completely heart shattering all in one.

I sit on the bench in the church just staring into space, have spaced out long ago. Time had been a blur sine that phone call. Feeling so overwhelmed with grief it was like my body didn't know how to function anymore.

Her beautiful picture largely displayed in front of her casket decorated with her favourite blue hydrangeas she always grew herself in her personal garden.

I tried to block out the sounds of sobs escaping from Jeremiah's mouth. I sat in between him and Conrad, Conrad holding onto my hand like his life depended on it. And we depended on each other to get through today, we hadn't spoke much but we knew we just needed to be with one another and we'd get through it.