007. game plan

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ forever and always.

007. game plan

。☆✼★ STELLA CONKLIN'S POV. ★✼☆。

As i wake up the next morning, i feel around the bed next to me where Conrad laid hours before. I look around his room as I reach for his shirt on the floor next to the bed and my shorts and put them on, and flatten out my hair with my fingers.

I close his door behind me and walk downstairs. As i reach the end of the stairs, I hear Conrad's voice coming from the kitchen. As i stand in the doorway separating the kitchen and lounge room, Jeremiah stands next to me too. We both watch Conrad hand up his phone call.

As I walk over towards my boyfriend, his mood changes. He smiles and meets me halfway, "Morning Connie."

"Good morning," He kisses me before looking up at Jere.

"You want to talk about a plan B?" Jere asks his brother.

Conrad sighs, "There's no time for a plan B, Jere."

"There's no time? Come on, dude. Is your ego really that big or is..?" Jeremiah says, annoyance evident in his tone.

"Aunt Julia is already here."

"What?"

Conrad tightens his grip around my waist, "Yeah, she got in yesterday. She's at Ocean Harbour."

"You saw her?"

"I mean, we talked on the phone for about five seconds. She couldn't have bothered to come to Mum's funeral, but she'll hop on the first flight to come sell this place," Conrad finishes with a sigh and looking down at his phone again.

"I don't get it. Why? What's the big rush?" Jeremiah asks again.

"It doesn't matter why," Conrad says defensively, "This isn't a game, okay? This is serious shit. So just go back to bed and let me deal with it."

Conrad begins to walk out of the kitchen, i decide to try and follow him. But before i could Jeremiah stops me.

"You know, he keeps saying he's going to figure things out. He hasn't figured out shit. Can you talk some sense into him? You are the only person that can get through to Conrad," Jeremiah rolls his eyes at me.

"I'll talk some sense into both of you in a minute," Jeremiah looks up at me in shock, "Stop getting mad at him for doing what he thinks is right. It's what he's used to, he is used to doing everything himself because that is how it's always been. He is only trying to help you Jeremiah, and you won't accept that he's grieving too."

"Stell-"

"And throw me under the bus like you did yesterday again, and he won't be the only one who won't talk to you, okay?" Jeremiah nods, knowing he was in the wrong, finally. At least that's what i hoped.

𓆩*𓆪

"Did you get your tux yet?" I ask Conrad as he stands in my kitchen, holding a cup.

I smile at him from where i was sitting on the countertop, he leans back on it from where he is across the room and looks back at me.